lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2018, 09:19 PM   #1
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Default Does Curtis handset 1313K offer OEM access?

Couldn't find a place to discuss just handsets but since this issue would help more with EZGO in my case I posted here.

Awhile back Bob Boyce mentioned certain handsets (even a later model 1311 which sadly was not mine) can have upgraded software or offer OEM level features, and in our FSIP book there's this fancy one called a Curtis 1313K, with color screen and all. So far no one answers our query, about whether or not it offers OEM access or anything higher than Access Dealer. If it does, this would solve my biggest headache and finally give us a way to break the 19MPH limit of our passkey, before folks discover this forum and think we jipped them for a decade.

So, what does the 1313K do that the 1311 cannot? It's listed next to the Danaher handheld, which remains available (and we own already) so I am not sure why folks here say they're hard to get.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2018, 11:37 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Does Curtis handset 1313K offer OEM access?

1313-4401 (OEM) is a thing, we have one. It can also be set to act like any of the lower levels.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 07:15 AM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Does Curtis handset 1313K offer OEM access?

1311 is the older version of the 1313. Black and White screen and not quite sure how you would upgrade it as mine does not have a port other than where the cable plugs in. Anyway it’s the last four digits that specify what level it has access to. 1313-4331 is the newest one available now I believe that has OEM access. Even there it won’t let you toggle freedom mode. Or at least without knowing a secret handshake that I am not aware of. The older danaher programmer had where you held down 2 buttons until another screen came up and then you entered a code to get to a menu to turn on freedom mode. As for getting higher than OEM if you have the correct cable and software you can get to developer level with your computer. Not for the novice as you can brick a controller in a heartbeat.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO