lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2020, 02:57 PM   #11
225dxFreak
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: B2090 ezgo ..guidance needed.

This is from the day I picked it up. I actually went to pick up a wheel horse that day and the dude asked if I wanted the golf cart too. I said free? Yeah. Hell yeah!

I have the plastic covers that go behind the seat backs too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 0F636138-F971-469F-8C31-1E9475B1178B.jpeg (423.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 96A011D0-F5A8-42CE-A643-ED24449545CE.jpg (303.3 KB, 0 views)
225dxFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2020, 03:43 PM   #12
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

I see a lot of potential for free.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 02:35 PM   #13
225dxFreak
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Any suggestions on cheap muffler, perhaps something universal that will bolt on with little modification? All I’ve got is open exhaust from the head pipe.
Old 01-21-2021, 03:49 PM   #14
225dxFreak
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well I'm back with some good news and bad news.

The ezgo has been a blast for everyone over here even gets around alright with the stryker tires in a little snow.
Recently I modified a single banshee reed valve to fit the intake and now she really rips. This modification really uncorked it and helps it hit higher rpms especially with the open header (still dont have a proper muffler) however, I took a gamble and rigged a honda cr250 expansion pipe in place of the stock header! But, with the expansion pipe it will not hit the high rpm that it does open header.

Now for the bad news. We hit a little speed bump when the spark plug failed recently. This was easily diagnosed with my meter, plug was replaced and it ran great!
Unfortunately now, about a week after replacing the plug and having it up on stands to tune/test she does not want to fire up after running wide open throttle for about 30 seconds.
Spark plug is still good. Pulled the plug and grounded out to see spark and it looks pretty weak. Could someone advise the best way to test the coil and anything else that could have failed?

Thank you all again and happy carting for now
Old 01-21-2021, 08:07 PM   #15
SPARCpenguin
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Nice find!! I have a marathon with a 2pg that had ignition issues at high revs. I ended up doing the HEI ignition upgrade as it was cheaper than the OE replacement and that really helped. There's a sticky on it located here. I got my parts from advanced auto for $60 (part numbers E41 for the coil and CBD4 for the igniter) with a coupon, but I'm sure the usual suspects carry them. I also built a new cable from the coil to the spark plug as well (napa had all the parts for that too).

As for a muffler, I was in the same boat where the previous owners welded on an exhaust from a quad. I ended up buying a Reliance brand stock muffler for about $100 and fabricating a pipe from the header pipe to the exhaust. It seems to work well enough and is much quieter than the old exhaust

Good luck!
-Sean
SPARCpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 09:50 AM   #16
225dxFreak
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks. I will consider the HEI, I’ve seen it as a replacement for condenser/points on some old tractors. Will HEI work when the polarity is reversed? I’ve read some folks on here had trouble after installing and that the module gets very hot.
On a different note I know that some 80’s model Kawasaki atv and motorcycles shared a very similar ignition coil and replacements are $10-12 on eBay... a lot cheaper than the ezgo replacements. So I will probably go that route for now if the original is indeed bad. I figure it lasted this long so the original system has proven it’s reliability. And if the Kawasaki coil works for me I will report back with the results as a cheap alternative replacement. Fingers crossed.
Old 01-23-2021, 11:02 AM   #17
SPARCpenguin
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I can vouch that HEI works with forward and reverse, but I don't know about the overheating. I have mine screwed down too the metal plate where the old one lived with some CPU thermal compound left over from a PC build. Next time I take the kids on a long ride, I'll bring my IR thermometer and let you know how warm it gets =).
SPARCpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO