lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-05-2010, 07:36 PM   #1
angler3
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default club car in the rear of my quad cab

I have a 2006 club car and wanted to transport it in the bed of my 2007 dodge ram quad cab... i was wondering if anyone has tried it and what size ramps should i purchase. The cart is also slightly lifted, not sure how much. The threads i found dont mention the quad cabs.. Eventually, i want to be able to tow the dodge behind my rv with the cart in the bed.. has anyone tried this before? any tips are greatly appreciated
angler3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-05-2010, 07:47 PM   #2
groundpounder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: club car in the rear of my quad cab

i use the regular 4 wheel ramps works no problem for me . but i have a problem with my new project cart way to wide lmao..
groundpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:52 PM   #3
jlmurphy
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have a Dodge Quadcab 2500 My cart is a Club Car Precedent 2006 has a 6 inch lift with 22s.I carry my cart all over it fits with the tailgate down no problems. I use a trifold set of ramps build for 4 wheelers. Loads great I have not towed my truck behind any other vehicle. I do use 2 ratchet straps, I fold my windshield down, and bungy my seat just in case.
jlmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:56 PM   #4
easydoesit
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have a 08 CC Precedent with 22's and lift kit. I carry it around in my 05 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab. Works great but need to leave tail gate open to fit. Just make sure you put CC to the front of bed till tires touch and strap down. First I purchased Werner 6 ft aluminum foldable ramps which worked fine but felt that it was a tad to steep so I returned them and purchased 8 ft aluminum ramps instead. Works perfect!. I load the cart then just fold the ramps and slide them under the CC. The Werner ramps I purchased are the ones that are slightly arced. They are stronger and give you extra clearance. Super light and only around $100 at Lowes. Here are some pics, hope this helps.

werner ramp 1.jpg

werner ramp 2.jpg
easydoesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:22 PM   #5
rowdy350
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I transport mine in my 08 2500 4x4 with 305 tires on it. It's a quad cab with a long bed- tool box and 75gal transfer tank. Fits fine with tailgate down. I ran chain in with my hold down bolt for tool box and I use that on the tow hook on front of cart to hold it in. Strap the seat down and go. 6' ramps are a little short so I have to find a hill to pull the front of the truck on to load the cart.
rowdy350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:45 PM   #6
cwayaustx
Gone Wild
Club Car

Just be sure you strap the reared down to keep it from bouncing or you will be rolling like me with a jacked tailgate. My club car bounced I guess and kind of collapsed it. I had to remove it because after closing I couldn't open it without some "help". I was unloading the same cart with six foot ramps and as I was backing down it rose up and luckily stopped on the bed standing upright. I darn near stained the seat. I wish I had video of that, we could start an oh chit thread. My workhorse with long travel lift I have to drive over the wheel wells but it will still fit. I finally broke down and bought a bigger cargo trailer to haul two carts and a bike.
cwayaustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:20 PM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Angler, My lifted ez with rear seat will fit in the bed of my F250 Crew Cab with 6.5 ft bed with the tailgate off. With my camper hooked up the rear seat step is about 6 in above and 1.5 ft in front of the propane bottles. I don't think they will ever hit even if I make an extreme turn but the key word here is lifted. I would be concerned if it wasn't. Also, I take a lot of folks here load their carts using the tailgate. I am too chicken and take it off always for the cart. Had one of the cables fail on a gate with three of us sitting on it. Wasn't pretty, broke two cables, crushed the gate and dang near spilled the beer.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:58 PM   #8
easydoesit
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yeah I found 6ft ramps to be to short. The 8ft ramps, especially with the arc for added clearance, works great. If you you have 22'+ tires on your cart, the bottom center of the tire would literally sit on the edge of the rear of the truck bed. Kinda scary. Will be fine as long as you ratchet strap it down and also rachet strap pulling forward towards cabin of pu. On my dodge, also with 22's, and 305' with an extended weight distribution hitch, I can leave the tailgate down while hooked up to the RV/boat no problem. If you leave the tailgate open, might be a good idea to roll up the CC backwards so that the lighter front part of the cart is on the tailgate instead. Dont know what type of rv you are going to be pulling but make sure you have a distribution hitch especially if you are also going to be carrying your cart in the rear bed. The distribution system will level the pu with the rv giving you muchly needed traction in front tires. Im pulling a 35ft. RV with a 12k distribution hitch, CC on bed, no problem.
easydoesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:34 AM   #9
angler3
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

thanks for everyone's help...its much appreciated..I have a 35ft georgetown and am hoping to flat tow the dodge with cc in bed.. i also read in a thread to strap the gate as far as you can close it , resting it on the wheels, facing foward.. i will be picking up the ramps by werner..
angler3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:05 PM   #10
ackjay
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I have a 22ft Trail Cruiser that I pull with my Silverado 1500 ext cab, short bed. Due to my electric tongue jack, I cannot pull with my tail gate down. I use the ramps below to load my CC in, but have to remove the tail gate to take along on camping trips. Each ramp is rated at 1000# and it does just fine with my 4 wheeler and CC. The only real problem with the ramps is compacting them for storage and extending them for use. It's kind of a pain in the rear, but I got them used for $50, so it's all good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg loadingramps.jpg (27.5 KB, 7 views)
ackjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car