lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2010, 12:23 PM   #11
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: club car in the rear of my quad cab

""The cart is also slightly lifted''
take tape measure and check how wide it is??
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-06-2010, 12:26 PM   #12
Cinrock
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I put mine in the back of a GMC extended cab. I too was worried that my lifted Precedent had the rear tires hanging on the edge of the bed. I tow a camper also, so I have to remove the tailgate for clearance.

My solution was to cut down a 4x8 sheet of plywood to fit between the wheel wells. I extended it out to project just pass the step bumper and cut down some 2x4's to fill the gap between the top of the bumper and the bottom of the plywood. Screwed and glued it all together and now I have a stable base for the cart. It's removeable when not in use and when at the camp site I just flip it over and shove in the bed.
Cinrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:52 PM   #13
Todd Dolfi
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Just don't lose a ramp from under it a buddy did it about 2 years ago bent rim broke roof support even cracked steering wheel.. it was a short trip but according to him a hell of a ride.. LOL oh yea his shoulder was out of comission for a couple of day's to...
Todd Dolfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:04 AM   #14
Jim C
Gone Wild

Club Car

I use specially grain selected 2x10 PT with the bolt on ramp ends just short of 8' so I can close my tailgate. Can't close it with buggy but can with 4whlrs. The convenience to these is they lay flat and easily slide under whatever you just loaded.

Caution on the trifold ramps. I borrowed some once that were rated for the weight but the problem is they aren't as wide as they need to be for a buggy. I was able to drive up but my wheels were on the outside edge, not properly distributing the weight. clink, clink, clink, clink, you could here the rivots pop and the pucker factor increase.
Jim C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:06 PM   #15
daballowes2
Not Yet Wild

Just to add, I have a 2005 Honda Ridgline. My cc 97 fits in the back. The rear wheels barely fit on the back tailgate. What I have done is get 2, 2x10x8 salt treated timbers. I lay them down first and drive the cart onto them. This takes the weight off the tailgate and supports the rear as well. I also pull a camper along as well. The key is to get a hitch extension so you dont hit the trailer with the tailgate when driving.
daballowes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car