lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-11-2011, 07:01 PM   #1
morey2213
Not Yet Wild

Default step on gas and nothing happens

Hello all ! I am a new member to the golf cart world and this site. Thanks for having me . I have a 1989 Gas EZGO Marathon that I just bought and been sitting for about a year. I put a new battery in it and when I step on the padal zero/nothing happens. Like I said I don't know much about golf carts but I'm willing to learn with your guys help . So , if anyone one would be so kind to give me a starting point that would be great ! I bet you guys will be seeing a lot of me on here so I will say thanks for all the help now ......
morey2213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-11-2011, 07:58 PM   #2
steveb05
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: step on gas and nothing happens

Welcome!

Check this thread out. A bit down the thread is an 89 wire diagram...that should get you close to the problem.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...iagram-id.html
steveb05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:44 PM   #3
morey2213
Not Yet Wild

Hey Steve , thanks for your quick reply ! I can surely use that information !
Old 01-11-2011, 08:51 PM   #4
bud light
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Welcome
bud light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:21 PM   #5
M.Gilbert3
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

this happened to me when i first got my golf cart. when you step on the pedal, do you hear a click sound or anything? If not, check your grounds clean up all the connections, and take a multimeter and check the microswitch, which is screwed into about the center of the firewall towards the bottom half, there's 2 wires hooked to it. If your getting an open from the voltmeter than the switch could be junked...they're real cheap.

if you don't have a multimeter you can take the switch out and touch the wires together and if it was only the switch that's nasty, the motor should turn over...than your one step closer to bombing around.

hope this helps a little.
M.Gilbert3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:51 AM   #6
morey2213
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for taking the time to reply ! I heard about this Micro switch in other posts, but I wasn't sure where it was located . I will check the micro switch and report back . Thanks again !
Old 01-15-2011, 10:57 AM   #7
morey2213
Not Yet Wild

Hello All ! I want to thank you guys for your help with my problem ! With your help I solved the problem.. It was the microswitch... It got stuck from sitting.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO