lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2011, 01:17 PM   #1
pineypowerwpww
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Spark Plug ??

Ok got my 91 ezgo running but not running great can anyone tell me the spark plug that is susposed to be in it I am curently running a champion L87YC and some told me that they think the plug is the wrong one for the cart and is making it run like crap any help?? also during the cold months should you run a hotter plug ??
pineypowerwpww is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-14-2011, 01:26 PM   #2
M.Gilbert3
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Spark Plug ??

Im not sure the exact plug that suppossed to be in it but i'm using a NGK-BR5HS. Seems to be hot enough to keep it clean but not to burn out the plug. I believe with the NGK plugs the higher the number the cooler the spark...maybe one of the experts will chime in
M.Gilbert3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:54 PM   #3
Texas001
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineypowerwpww View Post
Ok got my 91 ezgo running but not running great can anyone tell me the spark plug that is susposed to be in it I am curently running a champion L87YC and some told me that they think the plug is the wrong one for the cart and is making it run like crap any help?? also during the cold months should you run a hotter plug ??
Look here and select correct plug for your cart:

http://www.buggiesunlimited.com/Golf...k-plugs/142242
Texas001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:55 PM   #4
pineypowerwpww
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

ok put a ngk bp4hs in her and it ran good for a couple days and then poof it ran like crap again.Pulled the plug wasn`t really fouled but cleaned it anyway still not running great. So I t decided to go out and get the same plug cause that all my local auto parts store had runs great again but am waiting for the plug to burn out again. What would cause this??
Old 01-15-2011, 06:37 PM   #5
M.Gilbert3
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

i was fouling plugs like it was my job when i finally got my cart running. I didn't know what caused it but i cleaned the carb, did some gaskets and checked the rings, and now it works alright. Sorry its not very helpful
M.Gilbert3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:35 AM   #6
pineypowerwpww
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I`m running the cart 50:1 do you think that maybe it`s to rich and if I ran the cart 128:1 that would work better??
Old 01-16-2011, 06:45 PM   #7
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

50:1 and the plug is fouling? Yes indeed it is time to lean out that ratio. Do you know about how much fuel is in your tank? If so then just add the same amount of straight gas and that will get you near to 100:1. From then on 1 ounce of oil to 1 gallon of gas. In this case more is not better.
Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO