lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2013, 01:39 PM   #1
shelfish
Not Yet Wild

Default need to know what type ez go I have

Sorry for this question but I must be dumb or something. I have an ezgo electric cart 2004 year. It is a txt, and the controller has gone bad. The control Box is a Curtis PMC model 25864g09. The problem is I do not know if I have a dcs, pds, a series cart or what? Can anyone help with this and offer any advise as to what controller I should replace the old one with?
shelfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: need to know what type ez go I have

Welcome to BGW

Where is the F/R switch? on the dash a switch, or on the body next to your knee a plastic handle?, if the F/R is on the dash and a TOW/RUN switch on the controller cover it's a PDS, if the F/R is by your knee and no TOW/RUN switch it's a series cart
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:29 PM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...en-system.html
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 05:11 PM   #4
shelfish
Not Yet Wild

it is next to my right knee, plastic knob. no tow/run switch. Do you have any recommendations as to what control box I should replace the old one with. Should I replace with like kind or upgrade with something else? I have a very steep hill in my back yard that I go up and down quite often. When I say steep, I mean that I am surprised it even goes up the thing.

Thanks
Old 08-12-2013, 09:13 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

You have a 2004 TXT Series cart. (Series meaning series wound motor)

It is designed to carry two golfers and their clubs over groomed cart trails on 18" tall turf tires.
If you want to do more than that, the drive system needs to be upgraded.

Remember. the controller is only one part of the drive train, solenoid and cables need to be addressed also.
Batteries and Motor are parts of the drive system, but they are more or less separate issues.

Scottyb (one of the BGW site sponsors) has a pretty good overview of how to up grade a drive system according to your needs and desires, and tons of other good info.
http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Custom_Options.html
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:11 PM   #6
shelfish
Not Yet Wild

ok so I have --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have a 2004 TXT Series cart. (Series meaning series wound motor)

with a bad controller. Any suggestions on what controller to get or package from ScottieB if I wish to upgrade a bit. What I mean by a bit is the fact that I live on a steep hill, my back yard. It is so steep that I am surprised that the cart even makes it up. So I was thinking that I might need to step up the current of the controller? Everything on the cart right now is stock. The controller is a Curtis PCM model number 25864g09

Thank You
Old 08-13-2013, 07:41 PM   #7
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

The best thing you could do is to call Scotty on the phone and discuss it directly with him.....you can tell him exactly what you have, what you need and he will know which package you will need.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO