lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2008, 05:06 PM   #1
dspina
Not Yet Wild

Default ezgo electric golf cart

electric ezgo golf cart

I am new to the site and cannot figure out how to post. I hope I am doing it correctly. I have a 4 year old ezgo cart and the batteries were withering. I purchased new batteries and installed them myself, 6 volt. I backed out of my driveway and down the street and stopped. The lights still work and the reverse beep works. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dennis
dspina is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2008, 10:54 PM   #2
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Default Re: ezgo electric golf cart

Lights, buzzer only take twelve volts to operate. Cart takes 36/48v. Check all your wiring. Common occurrence when new batteries installed. Probably just a bad connection.
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 02:00 PM   #3
dspina
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, i will do.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:21 AM   #4
dspina
Not Yet Wild

I have another problem that is somewhat vexing. I installed the new batteries and it works well. I ran my cart all do 36 holes and on the 35h hole the cart stopped. The solenoid did not click on when I stepped on the peddle. I charged it overnite and this morning it ran. Does anyone know why, my thinking is the solenoid overheated and would not function. I live in SC.

Thanks,
Dennis
Old 06-18-2008, 08:19 PM   #5
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum...............

Loose Battery cables.......... They gotta be tight.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:44 PM   #6
dspina
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, you were right, one was loose.

Thanks
Old 12-29-2012, 06:57 AM   #7
mikep423
Not Yet Wild

i have been working on a 36v columbia and it will only run in reverse. no matter which position u put key in everything is reverse. i have change the smaller solenoid and ran new wires from switch all way back to all solenoids and forward/reverse solenoids. please can anyone point me in the right direction. i have had controller check and they said it was working......im totally out of ideas
mikep423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:02 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikep423 View Post
i have been working on a 36v columbia and it will only run in reverse. no matter which position u put key in everything is reverse. i have change the smaller solenoid and ran new wires from switch all way back to all solenoids and forward/reverse solenoids. please can anyone point me in the right direction. i have had controller check and they said it was working......im totally out of ideas
I'm not familiar with your cart but, you might find some help in another tech section. Repost here > http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/electric-golf-carts/
Good luck
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:40 AM   #9
Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikep423 View Post
You might want to start a new thread as you have posted on a 4 year old one. Hit the "New Thread" button. Do this on this page http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/electric-golf-carts/ which deals with Columbia carts. Post your problem briefly in the Title, then go into more detail in the subject window. You will probably get more responses than you might in this thread.

Welcom to BGW.
Rickochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:02 PM   #10
Ronniek
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspina View Post
I have another problem that is somewhat vexing. I installed the new batteries and it works well. I ran my cart all do 36 holes and on the 35h hole the cart stopped. The solenoid did not click on when I stepped on the peddle. I charged it overnite and this morning it ran. Does anyone know why, my thinking is the solenoid overheated and would not function. I live in SC.

Thanks,
Dennis
Welcome Dennis, what part of SC do you live in? I'm in Lancaster.
Ronniek is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO