lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2020, 10:39 PM   #11
desertman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Headlights for 2001 48V Club Car DS

I ordered new headlight bulbs.

I also found a way to tilt the headlights down so that they actually illuminate the road and not the sky.

New bulbs and better adjusted headlights should make a big difference at night.
desertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2020, 11:50 AM   #12
desertman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
... if you want to do it correctly then a reducer would be installed and then the lights would run off 12 volt from the entire pack instead of just two batteries.
I ordered a voltage reducer. Installation should be simple - the input cables get connected to positive on the first and negative on the last battery; the output cables get connected to the two cables that go to the lights and are now connected to positive and negative of only the first two batteries. Correct?
Old 09-08-2020, 11:56 AM   #13
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

yes on a 4 wire set up . if your reducer has a 5 wire then one will a key trigger wire .
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 01:31 PM   #14
desertman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I tried to get new bulbs for my old headlights, but so far I have not been successful.

On the contrary, when I went to O'Reilly the salesperson destroyed one old, still working bulb. To make up for it he gave me a set of halogen truck lights which I might indeed mount to the bumper of the golf car and use instead of the original lights.

However, when I connected one of the new lights to the wires from the old light it came on only very, very dim (and the voltage coming out of the wires is, after installing the reducer, 12.10 volt).

When I connect the new light directly to the reducer (for 12 volt) or directly to two batteries (for 16 volt) the light comes on nice and bright (and, of course, brighter with 16 volt).

That is a bad surprise. Apparently I'm loosing a lot of power in the wires from the reducer (or two batteries) to the front - and without that my old lights would have been probably good enough for me.

There is enough voltage on the wires in the front - but not enough what? How can I fix that? Possibly by just trying new wires? What kind of wires would be best?

Thanks for more tips!

desertman
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car