lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-15-2021, 10:13 PM   #10211
LSUgoTIGER
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: What did you do to/for your EZGO today?

Spent the day cruising around the neighborhood doing intentional donuts, as well as a few completely unintentional spinouts. Had one where I almost caught the curb, but finished with a perfect reverse power slide into parallel parking position.

Our neighborhood golf cart gang was out in full force today pulling kids in rubbermaid tote bins, and whatever other impromptu sledding devices us Texans could come up with. Never got above 21° today. Batteries were working hard!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210215_164529.jpg (395.5 KB, 0 views)
LSUgoTIGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-28-2021, 10:36 AM   #10212
GradyTX
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Painted the frame... not well.. heh. but, with not having a place to put it, eh.... it needed some sort of protection. I ended up with the floor panels being a dark gray.... even though the can said black.

It's a 1996 txt... so, is what it is. Plan to take care to do the exterior well... but the interior was simply so it did not seem "green" or rusted if it showed. Ground down what I could, applied a primer, then truck bed liner.

Ran out after 3 cans... stupid wind.. heh

But, is what it is. Will still look a lot better than it did before and run better, what counts.

At least now I can start wiring it all up....once it dries...heh

R
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image2.jpeg (177.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg image1.jpeg (170.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg image0.jpeg (171.1 KB, 0 views)
GradyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 06:01 PM   #10213
mattadata
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Got rid of my lead acid batteries in prep for my Lithium pack. Cleaned up rust on the battery tray and installed 1/2 inch HDPE floor in battery tray.

mattadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 08:32 PM   #10214
GradyTX
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Still some wiring.. touch up with paint.. and a few other parts to install, but wanted to see how it was coming along...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4406.jpg (126.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4405.jpg (122.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-03-2021, 07:24 PM   #10215
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Printed a 3d blank dash panel to cover were the ball holder was on dash.
Then made cut outs for key switch, directional rocker switch, volt meter, and hi/lo beam switch in it.
Doing this puts all the switch’s closer to drivers side so I don’t have to reach so far to change directions.

Next ,Printing a blank panel to cover old key switch, directional panel now.
Should be done printing in about hour from now. 👍

Just got to figure out how to post pics on here. Being old and tech. challenged may take me a bit lol 😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 01:33 PM   #10216
Ghostman
Not Yet Wild

I upgraded all my battery cables to 1/0, installed 8 6v Trojan batteries under the seat and relocated a new alltrax xct48500 controller to above the motor on the frame by the seat with a custom bracket. Also extended the wiring harness to it as well. I set the controller to 350 amps for the stock PDS motor and got 23 mph on stock tires and more torque! Next week a Rhox long travel lift kit should arrive and I have new 23” tires and wheels ready to go on. Then we will see how long this stock motor will last!
Ghostman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 08:04 PM   #10217
Lance Skene
Not Yet Wild

had this cart in cold storage over the winter so I pulled it out yesterday and went cruisin' for an hour or so just to run down the batteries a bit before recharging them. Spring isnt far off now so I'll be able to start using the cart around the acreage soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 020.jpg (189.5 KB, 0 views)
Lance Skene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 12:31 PM   #10218
GradyTX
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Fabricated a mount for the converter. Did not want it on plastic or laying flat on the bottom, so... had spare parts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4426.jpg (91.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4427.jpg (96.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-09-2021, 01:31 PM   #10219
EzIndyGo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyTX View Post
Fabricated a mount for the converter. Did not want it on plastic or laying flat on the bottom, so... had spare parts.
That's Scotty's correct? I've been eyeballing it... did you get the optional fuse block? I'd like to run power to my light correctly and install a usb charging port. Straightforward install I'm assuming?
EzIndyGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 01:38 PM   #10220
GradyTX
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzIndyGo View Post
That's Scotty's correct? I've been eyeballing it... did you get the optional fuse block? I'd like to run power to my light correctly and install a usb charging port. Straightforward install I'm assuming?
It is and very easy instructions... probably about as easy as it gets heh. I got the fuse block as well. Will post an update when I mount it later today.

R
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO