lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2012, 04:27 PM   #1
tlr6334
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default 2006 Precedent very slow to start

This could be a question for Tahoe Dawg.We have a fleet of 2006 Precedent's in which 1 then another and another have become very slow to crank. Replaced solenoid, battery and swapped starters with a known good cart. We also swapped the Gcor out. Checked micro switches. Still we keep having this same issue on more carts. Any ideas? I should add if you keep the accelator pressed to the floor the cart will start in about 5 seconds. We are stumped and hope someone has had this same problem with a solution.
Tommy
tlr6334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2012, 05:03 PM   #2
Mishael
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2006 Precedent very slow to start

It sounds like the engines are cold and I'm assume that you're choking them when they won't start, maybe your air intake needs adjustment? Just a thought
Mishael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:24 AM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

are you saying theres a delay in them cranking over? like you have to hold pedal down and than after about 5 seconds it starts cranking?..................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:33 AM   #4
Mishael
Not Yet Wild

I don't mean to hijack the thread here but I have that problem on a 95 carryall-II but it doesn't bother me so I haven't done anything about it. What causes that?
Old 06-13-2012, 12:40 PM   #5
Wagner7911
Not Yet Wild

Recently had a delay in my 08 precedent. The problem was in the black box on the gas pedal. Turns out the spring that returns the lever on the micro came out and the micro was not returning right when gas pedal depressed. Delay happened for awhile then quit altogether. You cannot get the box open without breaking it unless very careful. Got mine apart and put back together now starts instantly.
Wagner7911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:11 AM   #6
tlr6334
Gone Wild
Club Car

Yes, a delay in cranking, if the accelator is held down if will start after a delay. The black box they are talking about is that the gcor?
Tommy
tlr6334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:33 AM   #7
Mishael
Not Yet Wild

as i recall, the precedents do not have a black box, rather they just have everthing under the cart near the gas pedal, but dont quote me on that. i work with DSes
Old 06-15-2012, 09:47 PM   #8
Dav1774
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

weak battery?
Dav1774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:20 PM   #9
dewcarts
Not Yet Wild

Just checking if anyone has any more info on this subject. Have a fleet of 2007s same issue.
dewcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:09 PM   #10
azdave
Not Yet Wild

My 2006 Precedent has exactly the same problem. It hesitates for few seconds and then takes off and runs fine. It acts like the engine is on a compression stroke and it barely turns over while the accelerator is pressed down. Then away it goes. This really bothers me and I want to fix it asap.
I have a new starter generator, new battery, new voltage regulator, new gcor, new solenoid. Could it be a problem with battery cables? What else?
azdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car