lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-28-2012, 10:18 AM   #1
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default New sound near back driver's side rear tire

I have the affliction of having really acute hearing. I hear things that others don't hear. Sometimes its a really great thing to have, and other times it just drives me nuts.

I recently had work done on my cart...a new HD F/R assembly, and lots of loose things tightened up.

When I started driving it after it was delivered back home, I can hear a soft airy metallic-type sound that seems to be in time with the turning of the back left wheel (softer, then louder, softer, louder as the wheel turns). Nothing appears to be rubbing on the inner wheel.
Since I don't know much about the mechanical aspect of the cart, I'm not sure if I should worry about this new sound or not.
I know this isn't much to go on, but does anyone have suggestions as to what it might be?
My husband can't even hear the sound......but then, he can't hear alot of things.
Silverstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-28-2012, 11:10 AM   #2
razor1
Gone Wild

Default Re: New sound near back driver's side rear tire

It may be that your brake pads were tightened and are uneven. What you're hearing is the hub rubbing against the pad. Once you wear down the highspot this sound should stop.

Just a thought.
razor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:29 AM   #3
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks razor. I think you might be right. I thought I needed new brakes, but they said I didn't. But my brakes are working better now, so it makes sense that what you suggested is right.
Thanks!
Old 11-28-2012, 11:50 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Head down a smooth slope if you have one, like a paved drive? With an ear on the noise, lightly apply the brakes without slowing the cart much, see if the sound changes. If it does it may be the pads.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:38 PM   #5
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Scotty.
I tried to find a place on the property today.......no paved areas, but a slope with grass. Couldn't hear much though. The brakes almost work too well now and come to a complete stop very quickly, even with a little pressure. I'm going to assume the sound I'm hearing is nothing awful (especially since my husband can't even hear it). I guess time will tell.

Overall........I'm very happy with the place I found to service my cart. Yay!
Thanks.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:42 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstreak View Post
Thanks Scotty.
I tried to find a place on the property today.......no paved areas, but a slope with grass. Couldn't hear much though. The brakes almost work too well now and come to a complete stop very quickly, even with a little pressure. I'm going to assume the sound I'm hearing is nothing awful (especially since my husband can't even hear it). I guess time will tell.

Thanks.
Just keep an ear on the noise, if it gets worse then it might need investigating.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:18 PM   #7
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstreak View Post
Thanks Scotty.

Thanks.
Right on. I'm glad you found a good service center.
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO