lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-17-2014, 09:17 PM   #1
Fishercart
Not Yet Wild

Default New Golf Cart Decision

I know this may be a little biased here but I sold my electric cart and I am looking to get a new project cart. I will be lifting and such for hunting and riding dirt roads so I have decided I need a gas cart. I like a good project so new is out of the question but I have found the following two carts on craigslist both within $100 of $1500. I would like to know if I should be leaning one way or the other on these and what should I know before hand. I do not have all the details on these carts because I will be checking them out Saturday so most of this information is what I gathered on the phone from the sellers. Thanks.

Cart 1. 1996 Club Car DS stock, new carb fuel lines and tune up. good condition and the pictures agree. also has a recent tune up.

Cart 2. 2003 Yamaha G22. has a utility bed but otherwise stock, new generator, tune up but it smokes. Owner said he bought it and it had been sitting up at a horse plantation where it was used around the farm. He cleaned out the gas tank and changed the oil and it still smokes. Says it really takes off when you mash the gas. He claims it is smoking pretty good with thick white smoke. makes me believe it could be as simple as to much gas getting through the carb. it seems to be a little rougher around the edges but as a project I am fine with that.

If you have any advice let me know. I know it is hard to tell without test driving them but any information would be great. Thanks
Fishercart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-18-2014, 07:49 AM   #2
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: New Golf Cart Decision

I would go with club car, aluminum frame and if you off-road mud,snow,ice, there is no rust. You have plenty of options and parts available for the DS.

JMO

rose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 01:13 PM   #3
miker
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

something that smokes is not good
miker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 10:58 PM   #4
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Id get the cc & big block it
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 08:47 AM   #5
Ant-Knee
Gone Wild
Club Car

I had a 2006 Yamaha G-22 that I just sold and I got a 98 carry all VI, The g22 was an o6 and the frame was rusting already.. I would say go with aluminum frame... The aluminum frame is simply awesome and will be rust free...

If that Yamaha is an 03, I bet you there is lots of rust on that frame already....

Just a thought..

Ant...
Ant-Knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car