lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2015, 04:19 PM   #1
Descart
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2013 RXV Rear End Fluid questions and comment

Hi All,

New guy here. I have read many posts on this forum looking for these answers. I joined today to ask directly of all who will reply.

I have a just upgraded from a 2002 EZ-GO to a 2013 RXV.

It seems a bit noisy in the rear, so I pulled the rubber plug to look at the fluid. I have two main subjects:

1. The fluid appears to be 20 or 30wt oil. The threads I've reviewed here and the manuals seem to agree it should be 80-140 or so with an additive. Anyone else have this experience with what appears to be factory-original light weight fluid in an RXV?

2. When I pulled the plug (rear wheels raised 3.5" to minimize the outflow) it dumped about 8-10 oz into my pan. I pumped out the remaining fluid. Now, how do I put the specified 27 oz. back in there? If I fill through the plug, I'll probably be 8oz short. I've looked all over, sounds impossible, but either I am too dumb to find the fill hole, or, even less possible given the service intervals, there is none (????). Is there a "fill hole" I'm not finding? If not (is EZ-GO this lame??), can I put the cart on a 45 degree forward incline to complete the fill without dumping battery fluid everywhere? I see what appears to be an axle housing vent. Can I fill it through this axle housing vent hole?

I need education - ANY comments and all information will help me, and be much appreciated.
Descart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2015, 04:31 PM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2013 RXV Rear End Fluid questions and comment

I think this thread pretty much covers it. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...w-install.html
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 05:00 PM   #3
Descart
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Indeed it does! THANK YOU kernal. I shall proceed and post results.

Ahh...one more question...Since one opinion on that thread is that I could slooooowly fill through the axle vent, please tell me, is there a seal between this vent and the R/E sump, or would it flow right into the rear end housing? I can't tell from looking at my manual - it might have to flow past the spline(?), or maybe there is open clearance and no seal there.

Dang, now I gotta get out my dog picture!
Old 05-13-2015, 05:15 PM   #4
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well then you might like this: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gener...ogs-carts.html
Old 05-13-2015, 05:20 PM   #5
Descart
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

OK - I'll check it out as soon as I get qualified in the forum to look at it. I think I have to wait a while.
Old 05-14-2015, 02:20 PM   #6
Descart
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I filled it through the driver side axle vent. The vent assembly is a plastic press-in tube that is easily removed by hand. It's a 5/16" hole. I took off the rear panel to get more light on the axle. I emptied the 75-140 synthetic into a measuring cup and measured 24 oz. plus 2 oz. friction-goo back into the bottle. I pushed a 5/16" O.D. tube directly on to the fluid spout, held the tube in the hole, and squeezed the bottle for about 10 minutes to flow it in. Not practical for production, but it worked fine for this one-time service.

The rig runs so quiet now all I hear is tire, clutching, and regen noise.

Thank you for the guidance and references.

Now if I can just figure out which wire to cut on that backup screecher....
Old 05-14-2015, 03:46 PM   #7
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Whoa!!! Please don't cut any wires until one of the RXV experts weighs in. The RXV is a different beast. Messing with its electrical system can be very costly.

I suggest you start a new thread about this so it will catch the attention of the RXV guys. Very important.
Old 05-14-2015, 07:00 PM   #8
Sarge50
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

To quiet buzzer, Remove the cover over the controller by the run tow switch, fill buzzer with tissue, tape over with a any kind of good tape.
Sarge50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 08:03 PM   #9
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Thats better than cutting anything. We usually put a small piece of the fuzzy side of velcro over the buzzer hole, cuts the noise a lot. While still alerting others behind you that they are subject to be run over.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 09:36 PM   #10
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

with CGTech

I have a TXT but the buzzer is still annoying... Couldn't back the cart out of the garage at night as it would wake the sleeping kids a few rooms away.

Taped over it and now it is about a third as loud and not annoying at all.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO