lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-04-2015, 10:25 PM   #1
scott186
Not Yet Wild

Default Pick up a I believe 2000 Club Car DS & 1998 Ezgo

This golf cart thing is getting addictive. I bought a 84 Club Car a few months ago with bad batteries and every bolt rusted for $150. First golf cart and did not know what I was getting into. This has been a complete restore project and is still in pieces, but I have cleaned and paint what needed painting except body. Will need some body work and then will get painted. My original goal was to restore this cart and upgrade to 48V, convert to controller, lift kit and tires. But after reading a lot of post on here I decided to look for a newer 48V cart with better motor and differential for lift.

So I just pickup up a 2000 Club Car 48V today for $1,600, not sure if this was a great deal or not. Listing for the cart had it as a 2004 but the serial number indicates 2000 (A0043). Everything works great and suppose to have 2 year old Trojan batteries, New seats and tires. Body has a few scratches buy will eventually get repainted any way. Now I need to figure out what controller this cart has for eventual upgrade. This cart has the newer seat style and roof.

Also bought an 1998 36v Ezgo TXT with 2 year old batteries that was not running and the owner go tired of fooling with. The cart is in descent shape with cargo bed. I gave $400 for this cart. I believe I got a good deal on this. Batteries check out good except for one. I bought this first so I could also use these batteries to test my 84 Club car once I get it back together.

My plan now is to get the 84 Club car and the Ezgo running and cleaned up and sell both to help pay for the newer club car. But may end up keeping one of these 2.

I will post pictures later when I get chance.
scott186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-09-2015, 11:27 PM   #2
scott186
Not Yet Wild

Default re: Pick up a I believe 2000 Club Car DS & 1998 Ezgo

My newer club car is a 48v 2000.5 year model according to my serial no A0043. Everything work great. The 36v 1984 club car I bought a few months ago I have been in the process of a complete strip down and rebuild and was planning on building this cart the way I wonted it. But this had the Fuji rear end and was worried this may not hold up to upgrade according to some post I have read. I have complete disassembly the rear end and check everything out. Had a few shaving but could not determine where they came from. Reassebled and painted and ready to reinstall, but waiting on replacement spring bolts. I have been looking for a used Graziona differential by could not found one local so I bought the 2000.5 DS cart to do my upgrades to. Eventually rear seat and 6" lift and tires.

I am trying to decide to rebuild the 84 DS and back to the stock resistor coil assembly and switch box and keep 36 volts or if I could upgrade the stock controller to a 500amp alltrax controller packing and HD F/R switch from ScottyBs on my 2000.5 club car. If I did this upgrade could I use the existing Curtis controller on my 1984 rebuild and keep it a 36v cart or would I need to upgrade to a 48v witch would require my to by and new 48v charger and try and sell the 36 v charger.

Not sure If the resale value of the 84 club car will be with these options. Everything will be replace or reused in good condition for the rebuild with new paint job.

I got my 36v 98 Ez go work last night also. The reed switch was bad so this was a cheep fix, still will go through cart and clean and repaint everything. This cart has a lot more torque and speed that my 2000.5 48v club car. Will spin the wheels on concrete. Plan on keeping this car to keep at my parents for hunting and work around the property.

Need advice on what the best option would for resale of the 1984 ds and upgrading the 2000.5 ds.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20151006_123526[1].jpg (315.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20151006_123806[1].jpg (228.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20151006_123828[1].jpg (273.5 KB, 0 views)
scott186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car