lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-26-2015, 09:48 PM   #1
speedyptc
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default How to remove OEM voltage reducer

Hi guys,
I have searched this forum and still am not sure how to remove the OEM voltage reducer and hook up Scotty B's 30 amp 48v to 12v reducer to my OEM wiring harness for the head lights and tail lights. The OEM reducer has two wires that come out of it. One wire goes to the B- terminal on the controller and the other wire is split into two wires with two blade connectors on the end and are connected to a fuse block of some kind. I realize that I can remove that voltage reducer by just disconnecting it from the controller and the fuse block but how do I connect the OEM harness to to Scotty's reducer?
I realize that there is a red wire coming from the fuse block that contains 4 slots (only 3 being used) that have 20 amp fuses that is connected to the positive side of the #5 battery that seems to power all the lights on the cart. Is it as simple as connecting that red wire to Scotty's reducer/fuse block and then running a wire to the ground/fuse block from the main battery pack to the fuse block where the two blade connectors were connected from the OEM reducer? Thanks in advance for an help you can give me on this.
I have a 97 Club Car DS 48 volt (6 x 8 volt) cart.
speedyptc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-26-2015, 10:14 PM   #2
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: How to remove OEM voltage reducer

Ask Scotty, my experienece with him has always been great. He has always sent detailed instructions on everything he sells.

Yes you are correct on removing the old reducer, that is probably just the negative wire , reducing from 16 volt to 12 volt.

I have not seen a reducer that comes with 4 fuses on it ?
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 11:10 PM   #3
speedyptc
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Sorry for the confusion about there being 4 fuses on the reducer. The reducer doesn't have 4 fuses but the cart itself has a fuse block mounted on the frame forward of the battery pack that has 4 fuses, three of which are being used, and that is where the 4 fuse block is located.
Thanks for reminding me to contact Scotty about this issue. I will try to reach out to him on Monday about what he might suggest is the best way to connect the reducer to the OEM wiring harness.
Old 12-27-2015, 10:47 AM   #4
speedyptc
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Sorry guys about posting in my title "how to remove OEM voltage reducer" because what I really need to know is how to hook up my OEM wiring harness to my new 30 amp reducer once I have removed the OEM reducer. Very first post and was not sure exactly what I was doing but I am learning. Again, any help with this will be greatly appreciated. I will also try to post some pictures later today that might help explain what I am working with on my cart.
Old 12-09-2022, 08:17 AM   #5
coastaljaw
Not Yet Wild

Hey man. Did you ever figure this out?
coastaljaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 09:05 AM   #6
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastaljaw View Post
Hey man. Did you ever figure this out?
Last time the guy was active was in April of this year. With the amount of posts he has and that activity history as well as how old this thread is you might be waiting awhile for an answer.
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 09:08 AM   #7
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Maybe another 7 years. :-(
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
voltage reducer
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car