lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-24-2016, 11:23 PM   #1
Sweeney565
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 04 series club car DS controller recommendation

I posted earlier about the new madjax 600 amp controller I just bought that didn't work on my cart because I have a series cart. So I am now looking for the best recommendation for a comparable controller for my card. Below is what I have currently:

04 series club car DS
Upgraded 10 hp speed motor ( cart currently goes 22mph with just motor and stock controller)
I have a rear seat
Upgraded the suspension to all heavy duty springs
I have 12 inch wheels. Aftermarket
I want 600 Amp controller for maximum torque gains and to get the most out of my new motor. I have upgraded my cables to 4 gauge
I have the heavy duty for diverse which and solenoid

If anyone has any recommendations I appreciate it. Pretty much looking for the best controller I can get for my cart.
Sweeney565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-24-2016, 11:32 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: 04 series club car DS controller recommendation

4 gauge wires limit you to 400 amp controls. You will need to go to 2 gauge for 500 amp and above...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 09:31 AM   #3
jelmhorst
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I just received my order for a GE 700amp controller, Super Duty F/R Switch and 2 AWG cables for my 48v Series DS. Haven't had a chance to install it yet but this will give me plenty to grow into. The Alltrax looks to be a great option too if you can swing the extra monies.
jelmhorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 09:39 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelmhorst View Post
I just received my order for a GE 700amp controller, Super Duty F/R Switch and 2 AWG cables for my 48v Series DS. Haven't had a chance to install it yet but this will give me plenty to grow into. The Alltrax looks to be a great option too if you can swing the extra monies.
Use a 700 amp FSIP control with a 400 super solenoid for $499. Of course some will argue 500a is all you need for $449.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 10:14 AM   #5
SilverWolf
Not Yet Wild

Hi Sweeney565,

Your 600 A Torque Controller will work with your Series DS car. We just need to confirm that it has our latest firmware installed. You will also need the Series Vehicle Module.

Please call us and we will work with you to get the controller working on your vehicle - 1-888-398-7078.

Cheers, SilverWolf
SilverWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car