lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2016, 09:49 PM   #11
Cartguy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Very disappointed in led headlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by tey1967 View Post
Take a picture of the light when it is turned on. I have a feeling you got a bad unit. focus the picture so the individual LED can be seen clearly.
Sorry I didn't focus it so the LEDs could be seen. I'm very familiar with led lighting and these are bright, it's just the beam pattern is like a flashlight. Too tight. So it's useless.

Cartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-10-2016, 09:55 PM   #12
Cartguy
Not Yet Wild

My light bar came in today. Very nice quality and only $52 shipped vs $92 for this headlight. I could not wait to install it but I had to do a before and after just for you guys to see. The previous pics would do no good, I took these in the exact same spot. It is amazingly bright compared to the other one. $92 wasted.

Before

And omg after. Look how much further. Also yes I aimed the original higher and all that. I like how I got this one sitting right behind the trim.

Old 03-11-2016, 08:08 AM   #13
cmar143
Gone Wild

Thats the same light bar that I have and it is so bright even when pointed down it blinds other drivers in front of me so I can only really use it when there is no traffic. Not sure exactly which one you have but mine puts out 4300 lumens.

I dont know why pic turned when I uploaded it but it is straight up on my phone and I cant figure out how to edit it to turn on here...sorry but you get the idea
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160310_172249[1].jpg (241.4 KB, 0 views)
cmar143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:05 AM   #14
DIRTPIT HC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Some of the LED units are flood, some spot, and some have a combination. My lights are flood and they put out about 2-3 times as much light as my buddies halogen lights but his halogen shine farther than my LEDs.
DIRTPIT HC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 01:45 PM   #15
Shoxg
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Link to the light bar you just installed?
Shoxg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 01:42 PM   #16
Cartguy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoxg View Post
Link to the light bar you just installed?
Well I'm not sure I can post a link. Most forums don't like links to products because some people are advertising for themselves or promoting something. Im not even sure I want to recommend this light. It's too bright actually and now I have to find a way to tone it down. I may tint it or something. It's just ridiculous. I was riding last night and cars passing me by would have to stop because I was blinding them. One guy stopped me and started to get smart with me about it but I had to let him know I wasn't gonna have it. So to avoid future altercations I need to do something. I walked about 25 yards from it and looked at it for a couple seconds and I could see well for a few minutes. So I can't blame him for being pissed.
Old 03-16-2016, 11:59 AM   #17
carolinasled
Dum Spiro Spero

I think it looks good. On my DS I did the LED Head/Tails and they are kinda bright. But I have also Added a 12" & 36" Light bar to mine. 65% for Looks but Some Late night riding I might wanna see the world.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160314_210639_zps2yofhovx.jpg (62.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20160310_191402_zpskso8uzil.jpg (240.5 KB, 0 views)
carolinasled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 09:02 PM   #18
w4rwf
Getting Wild

Club Car

Yeah, I kind of like to see where I am going also.

w4rwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car