lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2016, 12:50 PM   #1
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default G1 with a g2 clutch

Bought two g1s and finally got a chance to go through them can someone confirm my eyes isn't this a g2 style clutch? What's the advantage of this style over the original g1 clutch?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160311_113941589.jpg (101.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160311_114232750.jpg (87.0 KB, 0 views)
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2016, 01:34 PM   #2
Justinmg
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G1 with a g2 clutch

Looks identical to the clutch on my g2.
Justinmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 07:32 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The G1 was sold with a "g2 style" clutch for a while, BUT it had the oil pump drive gear on it. This is a big important difference from your average G2 clutch.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:16 PM   #4
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Makes sense cgtech one more question have a personal g1 as main cart and looking to just turn this cart with the g2 style clutch to make a couple bucks would I be better off switching clutches and have g2 style on my personal cart or keep my original? Advantages disadvantages?
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 01:32 AM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The G1 must have a clutch with a pump drive gear, or oil injector dont work (& fried motor). The "G2 style" clutch for G1 has parts available, the earlier style G1 clutch has very few parts available (the parts that wear out are not available from yamaha). If you are talking about swapping that "G2 style" G1 clutch for your "older style" G1 clutch, i hate to say it (from the next guys point of view), maybe do it. It will benefit you in the future, but not your buyer of the other G1. Yuck, its a dog-eat-dog world out there. All depends on your conscience. They both use the same belt & stuff.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 05:34 PM   #6
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

The old square looking G1 clutch was actually better for offroad use because it had a spring in it, you could make it take off harder. But yeah you can't find parts for it, the G2/9 style is smoother and works near the same rpm save for the smoother take off and shifting. It will hit the frame more if you lift it high because it sticks out more.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 11:38 AM   #7
akelt89
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I learned the hard way that the new G2 style clutch wont work with most lift kits without a good deal of frame modification. I just finished my lift install (4"); it was alot of work, but definitely helped me improve my welding and cutting skills.
akelt89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha