lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2016, 11:32 AM   #1
Redtex206
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Yamaha G1 restoration

Hello all,
This is my first post but have been reading for some time. I had recently wanted a golf cart for my property so low and behold I acquired three carts and a trailer for Christmas. The one cart I really like is a 83 Yamaha G1. I have it running pretty well (still smokes and smells like fuel).
I am looking for input on shocks, as I would to like some heavier duty shocks as I will be adding a back seat. I am also torn between the 4" lift kit And 6" lift kit. Its not the height but the difference between a-arm and block lift kit.
I will have more to come as I get my other carts sold for funding I.E. fender flares, seats, brakes, back seat, tires rims etc.

Any help on the beginning of this restoration would be great!
Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golf cart.jpg (216.4 KB, 0 views)
Redtex206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-16-2016, 03:10 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G1 restoration

Welcome to BGW The tip off you were from Washington or Oregon, that wrap around windsheild. DO NOT brake it....the company that made them has been out of business for 2 years now. If you can/have access to a fire pit or burn barrell...take the muffler off and let that stuff inside burn out. It will run better and not smoke!
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 12:23 PM   #3
Redtex206
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G1 restoration

Can anyone help me with shocks and lift kits. I am looking for front and rear shocks for my g1 but would like them to hold more weight for a back seat. Also is there a difference between the 4" block lift and the 6" a arm lift besides height.
Redtex206 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lift kit, rims, shocks, tires
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha