lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2016, 06:30 AM   #1
bjschubert
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 2001 48v Club Car DS not Regen OBC Bypass help!

I have found about every combo out there for all club cars except for mine. I did find one wire diagram that I think works for my cart but I wanted to make sure. I do not have a blue and white wire that most of the threads have been talking about. What I do have is a grey wire off the charging port. I cut that wire and connected it to the last battery in the series negative terminal. I want to use the DPI auto sensing charger, is this all I need to do?
bjschubert is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-17-2016, 07:15 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2001 48v Club Car DS not Regen OBC Bypass help!

On a series cart you will cut the heavy black wire going from the charge to the OBC at the OBC and connect this wire to battery #7 main negative.

Disconnect the gray wire at the charge port.

Yellow solenoid activation wire is OBC controlled.... cut this wire at the OBC and connect to controller B-

1995 - 03 Series diagram below
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 95-03 CC series.jpg (64.0 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 07:41 AM   #3
bjschubert
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

On a series cart you will cut the heavy black wire going from the charge to the OBC at the OBC and connect this wire to battery #7 main negative.

Did you mean battery #6 main negative?

Disconnect the gray wire at the charge port.

Yellow solenoid activation wire is OBC controlled.... cut this wire at the OBC and connect to controller B-

Once I cut the yellow wire from the OBC and connect it to B- on the controller is the OBC then dead?

I think I understand!
bjschubert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 08:20 AM   #4
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

I did NOT cut anything , this what I did thanks to Sergio

On the Series Cart (S/N: A00...), the OBC provided the negative side of the Solenoid activation circuit when the charger was not plugged.

You can just disconnect the "Yellow" wire from the Solenoid small post that goes to the OBC and tape it.

You then need to run a new wire (16 ga) from that Solenoid small post directly to pack negative or B-.

You also need to run the negative wire (10 ga) from the back of the charger receptacle directly to pack negative.

You can leave the sense "Grey" wire alone since it is not used by the DPI charger and it is not connected to anything inside their charger.

You just need to reverse that process later if You want to sell the cart with the original charger.
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car