lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-24-2016, 03:10 PM   #1
JaycoGoGo
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Is this a bad mounting idea?

I put the reducer on the front support because it was one less hole I had to drill. And I decided to mount the fuse box and buss bar to the plastic battery holder. Does anyone see any reason that this is a bad idea before I make connections?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458850221.371792.jpg
JaycoGoGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-24-2016, 04:18 PM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Is this a bad mounting idea?

I personally prefer to keep all of those open and exposed connections OFF of the battery area.

Not only it is a hostile environment with the corrosive (and explosive) gas mixtures that are produced during heavy operation and during charge, but it makes more difficult to clean/neutralize the outside of the batteries as you have more areas to avoid.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 04:49 PM   #3
cmar143
Gone Wild

+1 to what Sergio said and if that is the negative buss bar on the positive terminal side all it takes is a little acid to drip down and short it out or worse.
cmar143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 04:56 PM   #4
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

I'm not a fan of this type of connection. This will fail sooner than later. You should use some crimped eyelets on a buss bar like this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg whoa.jpg (279.6 KB, 0 views)
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 06:47 PM   #5
JaycoGoGo
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
I'm not a fan of this type of connection. This will fail sooner than later. You should use some crimped eyelets on a buss bar like this.

It's all temporary right now. I need to get eyelets and spade connectors. I just wanted to make sure that everything worked before I started soldering connections and tying up wires.
Old 03-24-2016, 06:50 PM   #6
JaycoGoGo
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmar143 View Post
+1 to what Sergio said and if that is the negative buss bar on the positive terminal side all it takes is a little acid to drip down and short it out or worse.

I don't know where else to put it. The only other place is down on the bottom which will be subject to water etc, or on the wheel well and I didn't want to screw holes through it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car