lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-31-2016, 04:56 PM   #1
steele
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 48 volt C Car OBC Bypass. Can you use original charger

I Installed new batteries. Plugged in charger and it charged 12 minutes. Just went off. Charger is good works on another cart . I want to bypass OBC but use original charger. What do I need to do? Thanks Rick
steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-31-2016, 06:04 PM   #2
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 48 volt C Car OBC Bypass. Can you use original charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by steele View Post
I Installed new batteries. Plugged in charger and it charged 12 minutes. Just went off. Charger is good works on another cart . I want to bypass OBC but use original charger. What do I need to do? Thanks Rick
Not considered good practice to use the OE charger with a bypassed OBC as without the OBC that charger does not know what to do so it will do nothing unless it to is jumpered to which it then does not know when to turn itself off. You need to find a charger that has it's own brain such as the DPI Accusence....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 10:17 AM   #3
Sgt Minuteman
Not Yet Wild

What was the votage of the pack? It may only have needed 12 minutes to top it off.
Sgt Minuteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 10:20 AM   #4
Sgt Minuteman
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Minuteman View Post
What was the votage of the pack? It may only have needed 12 minutes to top it off.
This thread will help you to rewire and bypass the OBC if you think it is bad.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ed-moving.html
Sgt Minuteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 10:51 AM   #5
steele
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

These Batteries are UNSEASONED NEW . so they were at 49.2 I plugged the charger in and Nothing . Like the owner said . So I checked and Relay was out. Replaced relay and plugged it in. It came alive after about 7 seconds(NORMAL) Then at about 11 minutes it just clicked and shut down. Put in another relay and diode harness. Just to see what happened. As I stock those parts and still nothing.Bypassed the relay and after 12 minutes 55.9 at batteries.Reset obc a couple times and still wont kick charger on by its self. I Have a yellow light on dash on about every 10 seconds and off again.Reset several times and same .At the solonoid no yellow wire on small post.Does it change color after the connector? This is a 99 DS with A00------- Serial number With tow run switch. I think not regen as it has a Vglide switch.
Old 04-01-2016, 04:07 PM   #6
steele
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Minuteman. From comparing diagrams and wiring on this cart it is a Regen with tow switch and electric shift selector. I did the bypass mods and all is good . Ordered a new DPI for no OBC. Cart runs fine. Thanks again Rick
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car