lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-07-2016, 12:32 PM   #1
jgoody
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Voltage Regulator

Alright so thanks for all the help in my other thread. So my new issue is my battery is not getting charged. New starter, could it possibly be junk? I tested my regulator at 3/4 and full throttle. The most I can get out of it is 11.30 volts. I threw a used regulator off another G1 and the most I could get out of it is 10.50. The VR in it now is brand new and it's one with a spring on the side, no screw for adjustment, but I was messing with the spring to make it tighter and that's when I got 11.30 out and no more. From what I have read I need 14.5 to 15.5 volts. Any ideas? 82' Yamaha G1
jgoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-08-2016, 11:46 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Voltage Regulator

Ive never seen a yamaha regulator without a adjuster screw? Got some pics inside the regulator?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 02:29 AM   #3
sformal
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Would like to install the old one (J10-81910-10-00) on my G15-A instead of the electronic one. Unfortunately, I cannot find any supplier having the real one with the adjustment feature...

Any idea who can supply it (at reasonable price)?
sformal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 11:45 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The last ones i got from Gboost had the adjuster.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 12:36 AM   #5
sformal
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I had a look, they have two versions... I contacted them to ask if one (or both) is/are adjustable versions...

thanks for the info
Old 04-13-2016, 02:12 PM   #6
sformal
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Nope... none is adjustable at Gboost :(

Still trying to find...
Old 04-15-2016, 08:56 PM   #7
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

If you are not seeing about 13.5v or more you are not charging right, if under 12 its not charging at all. Make sure you check all your wiring its the most common issues with yamaha, bad connectors, bad fuses (usually a ground and a positive fuse in them), bad connections anywhere, also note grounds are wired you have to check those too just like positive wires. I doubt your new stuff is bad, I would check all the wiring very closely first. If the VR cant see a good ground and power it does not know if the battery needs charging, so it wont charge it. The VR powers up the small wires to the gen to excite it and make it charge when needed.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha