lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2016, 10:17 AM   #1
Molon Labe
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Yamaha clutch tools for G1

Thanks to this forum I was able to machine these clutch pullers for my 1982 G1. I now have the dimensions, 3d model in Autodesk Inventor, and .NC file for CNC Haas lathe from the info I gathered here. I'm willing to pay it forward and share the design info, 3D models I've created, and my CNC code if anyone needs them. Took me forever to find the dimensions but I got them thanks to everyone on here. Just want to make it a little easier on the next person looking for this info if I can. Besides, less money spent on tools means more money towards the cart.

More tools will be added in the future!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Primary Clutch Puller.jpg (197.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Secondary Clutch Puller.jpg (187.3 KB, 0 views)
Molon Labe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2016, 09:28 AM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha clutch tools for G1

Thanks for offering to share your design info with the members here. Their are few machinists here I'm sure would appreciate that. If this is complimentary design information you would like to continue offering members, we can 'stick' this thread up top.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 02:33 PM   #3
Molon Labe
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by spriddle View Post
Thanks for offering to share your design info with the members here. Their are few machinists here I'm sure would appreciate that. If this is complimentary design information you would like to continue offering members, we can 'stick' this thread up top.
Thanks spriddle. I would love to share the design info with other users (at no charge of course!). It's my way of "paying it forward" if you will. This site and its members have been super helpful and have saved me a lot of time and money on my G1 build. I would like to be as helpful as I can and share what I've learned with the other users that may be looking for the same info I was.
Old 06-15-2016, 04:59 PM   #4
Molon Labe
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Here's an other tool I decided to make myself. I know you can get a puller cheap at the parts store but this thread is for those who wish to make their own tools. This fan puller worked great for me. It's nice and small....perfect for working on the motor when its in the cart. The other thing I liked about it was having the hole pattern in the puller match the flywheel. This keeps the puller bolt directly in the center of the shaft eliminating any chance of slipping off and potentially messing up the threads or trying to pull it off at a slight angle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160614_210306.jpg (236.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-16-2016, 02:41 PM   #5
Molon Labe
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Here is the drawing with dimensions for primary clutch puller. I believe this works for the G1-G22 models (mine is a G1), but I'm not 100% sure so if anyone knows what clutch setups this will work on please let me know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yamaha Clutch Puller.jpg (57.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-27-2016, 08:07 AM   #6
Molon Labe
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Dimensions for the fan puller if anyone needs them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fan Side Puller.jpg (16.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-27-2016, 08:23 AM   #7
Molon Labe
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Secondary fixed sheave puller drawing. Through hole size is .250" clearance hole for 6mm puller bolts (sorry for not including dimension on the drawing).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Secondary Clutch Puller Drawing.jpg (89.3 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Molon Labe; 06-27-2016 at 08:55 AM.. Reason: Notes added for hole sizes
Old 07-29-2016, 11:41 AM   #8
Molon Labe
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Had to resize the image for the Flywheel puller so you can actually see the dimensions. Sorry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fan Side Puller.jpg (155.5 KB, 0 views)

Tags
clutch puller, g1 tools, homemade tools, yamaha tools
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha