lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2016, 08:01 AM   #1
blackbird1959
Not Yet Wild

Default G29 engine rebuild

Glad I found this site. Allot of usefull information to be found on here. I need some advise please. I am rebuilding the engine on my G29, and I can not figure out how the two compression rings go. One has a R on it, the other has nothing. Which groove do they go in? I know the R has to be facing upwards. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
blackbird1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-23-2016, 09:43 PM   #2
CAMPERCART2013
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G29 engine rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbird1959 View Post
Glad I found this site. Allot of usefull information to be found on here. I need some advise please. I am rebuilding the engine on my G29, and I can not figure out how the two compression rings go. One has a R on it, the other has nothing. Which groove do they go in? I know the R has to be facing upwards. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
I was taught R facing up into top groove and if the other ring has no markings or it is not chamfered then it can go either way in the second groove from the top. hope this helps,if not go to Google and type. (How to install rings on a piston) into the search bar. Then click on the images tab. Alot of pictures there that may help. Keep us posted.
Just curious but why are you rebuilding the engine?
CAMPERCART2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 11:32 AM   #3
blackbird1959
Not Yet Wild

The engine started smoking real bad, so I decided it was time for new rings. Got the motor back together and it starts and runs fine,except a bad vibration. I think I have the balancer out of time. Was'nt sure how it timed up with the crank. since it came out with the crankcase cover. Thanks for the reply.
blackbird1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 08:04 AM   #4
olson boy
Not Yet Wild

Here's how the cam, crankshaft and balancer shaft line up.
crank alignment.jpg
olson boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha