lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2017, 01:09 AM   #21
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Help new carb on.....

Could there still be crank seal or piston issues with compression that good? Does it sound like a carb thing? Would too much oil so this? I still have the oil pump in and pre mixed.
blizzrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2017, 11:11 AM   #22
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Normally when crank seals are bad it will cause fuel pump issues if you have good fuel flow don't think seals are the issue try taking the muffler off and check compression and see if it will run better a partially plugged muffler will give a false compression reading and can make them run like crap
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 02:42 PM   #23
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Seals dont always show well on a compression test with a 2 stroke, it can have compression in the top half and seals leaking in the bottom. Best to inspect for oil leaking out seals and or spray them while its running and note any change.

The muffler I've taken it loose at the cylinder before and managed a gap there without removing it, that is enough to run it and see if it runs better. It wont run great with the muffler loose but if its plugged it will be better.

Too much oil can make it sluggish and it will smoke a lot all the time, but until the plug fouls it should run ok at least. More oil actually makes it leaner on fuel, however you would need to mix it huge oil like 20:1 to make it smoke a lot and have lots of oil. If you mix 100:1 and still have injection it should only smoke a little anyway. What oil you use also matters, synthetics will smoke less.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 11:44 PM   #24
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Update:

So I got the ultrasonic cleaner and ran the carb and all of its parts/pieces through about 6 8 minute cycles with heat. I used water and....ready for this? Pine Sol. I'm very impressed and happy with the purchase. These parts are almost factory clean. You could eat off this carb now. I dried it all pretty good but will hit it and all the passages tomorrow with compressed air just to be sure. I did notice some play with the throttle shaft and the spring was broken so there was no tension there. The bushing wasn't the problem it was the shaft itself that had worn down maybe about half a mm all the way around so I'm going to take the shaft from the new carb and use it. There's no play at all with it in place and the spring is intact. As far as I can see all of the passages are clear. The seat that was previously clogged is now clear. Tomorrow I'll put the carb back together and put in new fuel lines and a new oil line from pump to carb and see what happens. I'll look into the muffler thing since it is sounding odd when it's running. Different than it ever has kinda like a tatatatatata sound so I might BBQ it again or even buy a new one. I'll keep y'all posted.
Old 01-23-2017, 07:29 PM   #25
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Success!!! Man this was a pain in the butt but I learned so much. All this time it was the darn carb! So with everything out back together it runs better than it ever has since I've had it. I think tightening up the throttle shaft had something to do with that but man I'm stoked and a big time believer in those ultrasonic cleaners. Also I'll never buy another cheap Chinese carb again. They're total junk. I guess the only thing they are good for is for parts which when you think about it at $18 isn't bad.
Old 01-23-2017, 10:38 PM   #26
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

BTW thank you to all of you that helped it with advice and suggestions. I wouldn't have been able to do it without that so thanks.
Old 01-29-2017, 05:14 PM   #27
chuck3815
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

okay checked fuel pump and it is okay, it starts but wont run on top end and smokes a bit much. I will check the float level to see if I am getting to much gas. I know the carb is a mukini but no numbers on it anywhere. it uses the main jet that screws into the bolt that holds the bowl on. I have no way of telling what size of jet it is. thanks for any help
chuck3815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 05:54 PM   #28
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Great you got it going again!
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha