lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-30-2017, 03:34 PM   #1
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default AG02 DS Won't Shut Off

2002 DS. Runs fine. Release pedal and cart keeps running. Pretty sure linkage is adjusted OK. 2 micros under plastic cover look and sound OK. Shuts off with key. Before I blame solenoid anything else I should check?

Customer's cart, I fixed other problems (fuel) that have nothing to do with this. Happened after several lengthy test drives. Ideas anybody? Never had this happen. Thanks!
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-30-2017, 04:39 PM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: AG02 DS Won't Shut Off

Wiring diagram.

Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 04:47 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Thanks for the diagram Springbok! Any thoughts on this? I can't work on it again until tomorrow, but would a bad limit switch cause this? Especially the upper one nearest the solenoid?
Old 10-30-2017, 04:52 PM   #4
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Regardless of how they look, the lower micro switch in the black control box is where you should begin testing. When you step on the pedal that switch should open to allow the cart to run. When you let off the pedal that switch should close and connect to ground (see the black wires in the wiring diagram above). That grounds out the spark from the ignition coil and stops the engine. Since the ignition switch can still stop it that wiring path is OK, but either that micro switch or the ground connection off of it are your problem.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 05:09 PM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Thanks meimke. I'll try that first.
Old 10-30-2017, 05:22 PM   #6
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Not sure if it's and issue on th club cars but sometimes on the older Yamahas the voltage regulator would back feed causing the motor to continuously turn over after letting off the throttle iv everything checks out may want to try unhooking voltage regulator to see if that stops it
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 05:10 AM   #7
Vaughn
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Probably too simple but I had the same thing when the throttle pedal did not return all the way up. Small twig had hung it open the least little bit. Pull back on the throttle and see if it helps.
Vaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 01:14 AM   #8
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Thanks Vaughn. That was the first thing I checked. Problem is better/worse now. Can't get it to mess up again. Next 2 days worked perfect. ....still does.
Old 06-03-2019, 04:08 PM   #9
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Never could get it to malfunction again. Got it back yesterday, same problem LOL. Year and a half later.
Old 06-03-2019, 04:24 PM   #10
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Can you tell if its still actually running or is the SG just turning?
Either way I would probably check the switches on the throttle cam in the electrics box first. Make sure the cam is returning all the way so the switches are pushing up onto the ridge at the end of the cam. Could be the throttle pedal rod got bent at some point and it's not allowing the cam to turn back all the way even though the pedal is all the way up.

If it's still actually running (making spark) it would be because the kill circuit is not getting grounded. So after checking the throttle cam adjustment, unhook the single black wire from the coil to the rev limiter and ground the black wire to the engine. If it keeps running then the solenoid is staying engaged and keeping the SG turning. That would either be a microswitch issue or a welded solenoid. Or could possibly be a ground connection issue somewhere causing a back feed, but check the other stuff first.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car