lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-2009, 11:21 AM   #11
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Workhorse intermittent starting

Quote:
Originally Posted by workhorse View Post
I just rechecked everything:spark, timing, compression, valve clearance, valve timing,took carb apart again, everything looks perfect - but obviously something is wrong and I'm overlooking it!
theres not much left, is it getting air, the butter fly is opening, different plugs maybe
pizzamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-25-2009, 11:23 AM   #12
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

First off, an ignitor DOES NOT cost $420.00, unless you are taking your cart to a non-authorized EZGO dealership! Secondly, check to see if all your grounds are good. There is a ground wire UNDERNEATH the solenoid / ignitor / voltage regulator pan. It is a small wire that MUST be properly grounded - we see them broken from time to time. Thirdly, look at the main fuse assembly coming from the starter solenion - the older fuse assemblies tend to break and / or short out. I'd bet that you have a poor connection there...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:27 PM   #13
workhorse
Not Yet Wild

I have replaced plugs many times, currently have NGK Iridiumsin it because for a while it seemed to start much better with new plugs in it. I figured the Iridiums would be much less prone to fouling. I have tried it with out the gas cap on - no difference, it doesn't start and get a chance to vapor lock. I just pulled the engine again and checked the cam timing again just to reassure myself that it was right.
workhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:38 PM   #14
workhorse
Not Yet Wild

What is the price of an ignitor at Mikes Motor Toys? The AUTHORIZED EZ-GO dealer I called yesterday quoted me $420.30 for one. The ground wire under the solenoid is new and the metal is clean and free of paint and rust. The fuse holder has also been replaced and is supplying me with a steady 12 volt supply as verified by my test light.
workhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:50 PM   #15
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
What is the price of an ignitor at Mikes Motor Toys? The AUTHORIZED EZ-GO dealer I called yesterday quoted me $420.30 for one. The ground wire under the solenoid is new and the metal is clean and free of paint and rust. The fuse holder has also been replaced and is supplying me with a steady 12 volt supply as verified by my test light.
Factory replacement OEM Ignitors are $251.67. These are for PRE-MCI engines - 1992 to 2003. I have good used ignitors for $125.00. I don't know where their price came from...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:31 AM   #16
slschult
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Im having the same prob with my 2000 st 350 too.
Where should the fuel filter be mounted on top of
tank or below top of tank?
slschult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 10:12 AM   #17
slschult
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I have a 2000 Workhorse St-350 and sometimes it will run great for a day or maybe two and then it won't start for maybe a month or two then all the sudden it will run great again. The carburator is spotless, compression is good, recent valve job, good blue spark.Dealers have been less than helpful.Anybody else ever have this issue? Thanks
YES same prob. Replaced carb,coil,fuel pump and pickup coil
Still acting up
slschult is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO