lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2019, 02:57 PM   #1
aboone13
Not Yet Wild

Default Solenoid does not click

I have a 1996 EZGO TXT DCS model. I have replaced the solenoid, controller (rebuild), ITS throttle, micro switch, ignition switch, and brushes in the motor. I have brand new batteries installed. I have gone through the wiring multiple times. What am I missing?

FYI.... I am not the most technical person, but this is my after work project while my husband is away working. He doesn't think I will get this cart running and I really want to prove him wrong. :-) Any help would be greatly appreciated.
aboone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2019, 03:46 PM   #2
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Solenoid does not click

Did you check the wire coming from the charging port, little red-white wire. this gives the 36V to the tow-run. Common for no voltage to be present at the spade connector that is near the controller. Also the 4 pin molex plug at the controller will go bad, remove it and replace with butt connector.
are you sure both F&R switch are working and engages the CAM, seen the CAM get off enough to prevent these micro switches from engaging
good luck to you,
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 03:57 PM   #3
aboone13
Not Yet Wild

How do I check that the F&R switch engages the CAM? Thank you for your response!
aboone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 05:45 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

There are 2 possibility causes.
1 the solenoid is bad.
2 the solenoid activation circuit is bad.

1 test will tell you which of these 2 problems it has. Turn the cart off and remove the resistor and diode or diode board, whatever it has.
Attach the voltmeter to the 2 small solenoid posts and with the rear wheels in the airdepress the gas pedal half way. The voltmeter should read the same as the battery pack voltage. If not make sure you have the key on, in gear, good test lead connections ... There are 2 possible outcomes of this test.
1. There is battery pack voltage between the 2 small terminals and the solenoid is not clicking. Replace the solenoid
2. There is not battery pack voltage between the 2 small solenoid terminals when you try to go and you can report to skeptical hubby that you are going to proceed to troubleshoot the solenoid activation circuit and fix this thing.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO