lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-13-2020, 03:53 PM   #21
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: cart doesn't want to "creep" (run at slow speeds)

Be sure to disconnect the cable between the carb and governor at both ends. Slide it with your fingers, if theres any resistance at all it should be replaced. That cable must move very easily and freely.

There are more adjustments you can do to the black box, underneath it where the pedal rod attaches to the linkage for that cam, its threaded. You can clip it off and screw it in or out to get the adjustment just right.

Generally 99% of the time you never have to mess with this because the only reason you would have to is if someone else before you messed with it. But not knowing the history of the cart, its worth checking out.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-23-2020, 10:04 AM   #22
Kevin37B
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Adjust your throttle linkage and cable first.

Turn the key off and remove the cover to the black box. sloooowly press the pedal and note when the microswitches click. Also note when the throttle cable starts to move at the carburetor.

I like to set it up with about an inch of pedal travel before the cam rotates enough so the microswitches in the black box click. Another 1/2" of pedal travel before the cable begins to move at the carb.

The microswitches are what tell the starter/generator to turn on and start turning the motor. If the carb begins to open at the same time or even before the starter starts to turn, then you're already at 1/8 to 1/4 throttle before the motor ever even starts running to begin with. When they click off, it kills spark to the coil so the engine will shut off. thus no low speed operation, and your "on and off" symptoms at low speed. Properly set up, you can nearly walk faster than the cart will drive

Also check to make 100% sure the cable between the governor and the carb is VERY VERY free moving. If it hangs up or sticks at ALL then replace it as this can cause the carb to not shut all the way as well, with a similar result, though if the cable is an issue it will also usually (though not always) be accompanied by engine backfire, or dieseling (engine runs the opposite direction when you stop and it shuts off).
Thank you ! I have same issue and your post is the most information I have found . THANKS , Kevin .
Kevin37B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 09:35 AM   #23
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin37B View Post
Thank you ! I have same issue and your post is the most information I have found . THANKS , Kevin .
did you get it sorted out?

I had no luck adjusting anything, might just give up I guess
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 12:22 AM   #24
mckittrick.joe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwocart View Post
did you get it sorted out?

I had no luck adjusting anything, might just give up I guess
You can adjust micro switches to work sooner . Sometimes you can loosen screw holding micro switches and move them then tighten.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A7-30F using Tapatalk
mckittrick.joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 11:19 AM   #25
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

So you have the throttle and governor cables adjusted at this point.
When you press the pedal, how far until you hear the switches click on the throttle cam? I usually try for about 1" of pedal movement here.
Then you should push the pedal another 1/2" or so before the throttle starts to open at all.
When the throttle starts to pull open does it open smooth and slowly or does it just flick open all of a sudden?
If it opens suddenly or looks like it's kinda being jerked open then you need to replace the governor cable.

You could also have a problem with the primary clutch sticking open. This is common on older clutches due to worn parts inside. Sometimes just taking it apart and cleaning it out really well will make a big difference.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 12:41 PM   #26
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
So you have the throttle and governor cables adjusted at this point.
When you press the pedal, how far until you hear the switches click on the throttle cam? I usually try for about 1" of pedal movement here.
Then you should push the pedal another 1/2" or so before the throttle starts to open at all.
When the throttle starts to pull open does it open smooth and slowly or does it just flick open all of a sudden?
If it opens suddenly or looks like it's kinda being jerked open then you need to replace the governor cable.

You could also have a problem with the primary clutch sticking open. This is common on older clutches due to worn parts inside. Sometimes just taking it apart and cleaning it out really well will make a big difference.

I never got this issue sorted out. still engages at a speed that is too fast for anything convenient. Will try to pull the clutch, do I need to pull the motor to take the clutch off?
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car