lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-27-2019, 01:58 AM   #41
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2014 rxv freedom 1206 ac with encoder fault issue

Get the rxv danaher troubleshooting guide and focus on the resistor control module tests.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-27-2019, 04:11 PM   #42
Phil_Billy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carts4you View Post
Yes. They are. For whatever the reason, it is only clicking the solenoid once and then it drops quickly and does not do anything else. We have tried two different controllers to arrive at the same result. Have put in new rotary sensors in both brake and accel pedals, changed the solenoid and still the same thing. Guess I will need to try the bearing encoder or harness. But cannot get any response from handheld. Just freezes up. Have spoken with two ezgo techs and have not been able to pin point the fault. Been focusing most of the time on that 5 volt start up system.
I would hold off on replacing the bearing encoder for now. Its a lot of work and the cart should still run with a bad encoder, just very slow. I'm with CGTech, I would check the resistor and control module. There is a gray wire that is usually under the controller and has a male/female spade connector. this connects to one side of the power resistor, check this connection for corrosion. I believe one of the test is to disconnect the resistor control module from B- on the controller and see if the cart will move.
Phil_Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 08:19 PM   #43
Carts4you
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Billy View Post
I would hold off on replacing the bearing encoder for now. Its a lot of work and the cart should still run with a bad encoder, just very slow. I'm with CGTech, I would check the resistor and control module. There is a gray wire that is usually under the controller and has a male/female spade connector. this connects to one side of the power resistor, check this connection for corrosion. I believe one of the test is to disconnect the resistor control module from B- on the controller and see if the cart will move.
Hey Phill_Billy thanks so much for the lead. I will be checking this on Monday. Just heard that a bad bearing encoder would not allow the 5 volt circuit to complete its start up sequence. Will let you know when I do what you recommend.
Carts4you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 03:23 AM   #44
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Cool, hope it all works out. They are tricky. I wouldnt own a danaher, dont buy, sell immediately, unless you like spending money. Happy to be out on this one.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1206 controller, ezgo, rxv
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO