lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-28-2019, 08:04 AM   #1
Conradconrad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Armature Play

My cart developed a bounce, initially I assumed maybe tires. However after paying close attention I realized it only occurred when throttle was let off, and would be increasing as the cart came to a lower speed.

I lifted and inspected and have come to find an excessive amount of play in the armature of the motor. Probably bad bearing. Is this a common part to wear out?
I am lucky the armature has not made contact with any of the fields when spinning.

Is this something I should attempt to replace on my own or send back to the motor manufacturer for repair and have him look at the rest of it. The motor is 2.5 yrs old and it’s from EMP. We put anywhere from 5-30 miles a week on it.

If you look back at my old threads, I had an issue with a faulty alltrax that was throwing a global shutdown. One of the symptoms would be that if the cart was going 10+ miles per hr it would throw the shutdown code and lock the motor bringing it to a halt. Maybe that caused unnecessary wear?
Conradconrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-28-2019, 01:20 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Armature Play

I'd contact Chuck at EMP and ask him. He would likely be interested in why a bearing goes bad in 2.5 years.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 01:25 PM   #3
Conradconrad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Armature Play

Thank you JohnnieB, happy holidays!

Thank you to you and all the others for all their help
Conradconrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO