lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-23-2020, 08:20 PM   #1
Ffemt1974
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Gas or Battery for my build?

I'm having a hard time deciding which one to buy to build. I want to lift a club car swap out the body with a new one and install a folding seat on the back. Here is my problem....I'm torn as to which model to get. I'm very familiar with the gas models and I like the older ones. But you can find plenty of the president models in battery powered. I will be using it at a vacation spot at the bay. So it wont be used every weekend. I'm worried about it not being charged when I get there on Friday. On the other hand they are quieter than the gas models. What's your opinions? It will be in a gated RV park. And eventually tagged to ride the road as well a short distance.
Ffemt1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-24-2020, 03:43 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Gas or Battery for my build?

Does the RV park have any restrictions on gas engines used in the park because of noise?

An electric cart will always be charged as long as you remember to plug the charger in. If you leave for an extended time, (several weeks) then you can fully charge the cart before leaving and disconnect the pack negative and it will stay charged without needing any attention for about 6-8 weeks depending on the temps in your storage area.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 03:28 PM   #3
Jeff McGuire
Gone Wild
Club Car

My choice was to go gas myself. I like the idea of being able to drive it all day without the fear of the battery dying. You can run out of gas though if your not watching fuel level! I drive mine around the neighborhood a few times a week as well as taken it on 3 vacation trips and still have not added gas in 2 months. Its amazing how little it uses. I liked the affordability of tweeking a gas car for more speed vs. the electric.
Jeff McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 04:34 PM   #4
cartpartsplusman
Getting Wild
Club Car

never seen a gas cart burn down a garage.not saying it cannt, but it will run 300 miles in a day instead of 20.can you tell i dont like sparkies.people say no maintance but they are the ones buying batteries every 2 years
cartpartsplusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 06:15 AM   #5
S-N-R Customs
Gone Wild

I have one of each... they both have there pros and cons. My gas one is relatively quiet, until I drive the electric then the gas one seems very noisy..... I do prefer the electric, but that’s just me. The gas one is great for when my son wants to drive for an hour at a time through the trails.... and I can hear that he is still close by and moving ( I can just keep an ear out for him while I’m working)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S-N-R Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 06:39 AM   #6
Ffemt1974
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the responses. I've settled on going gas. I've seen the abuse these things can take. I like the fact you wont have to charge it up. It might sit for a while (month or so) before I get to use it so I will just cut the gas off. It's tough trying to find one cheap. I'm looking to strip the body off and replace it with a new one. The wife wants a grey one lifted. So I get to have some fun tearing one apart and building it back. Hopefully I can find one soon and post my journey.
Old 02-27-2020, 11:30 AM   #7
Jeff McGuire
Gone Wild
Club Car

Living near the coast it took me a while to find an affordable gas Clubcar. I could find electric all day though.
Old 02-27-2020, 11:36 AM   #8
Jeff McGuire
Gone Wild
Club Car

Oh one other word of advice. Being as how these don't burn through the gas quick and yours will sit for long periods, try to use ethanol free gas as well as running the fuel out of the carburetor.
Old 02-27-2020, 01:16 PM   #9
superpro56
Gone Wild
Club Car

+1 on ethanol free gas, and also add fuel stabilizer.
superpro56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 01:46 PM   #10
Ffemt1974
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff McGuire View Post
Living near the coast it took me a while to find an affordable gas Clubcar. I could find electric all day though.
Yea I've been looking for a month now. Tons of battery cars buy the gas ones are already modified and they want an arm and leg.
I plan on using the ethonal free gas and running it dry each time.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car