lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-12-2020, 09:21 PM   #1
jeremydburrell
Not Yet Wild

Default 1995 Club Car Transporter no spark, dies when gas pedal is pressed.

I have a 1995 Club car transporter with the FE350 and its a keystart cart. When I first got the cart I could turn the switch on and jump the big posts on the solenoid while giving it gas and it would run. I went through a mess getting things right on it from the previous owner. It had the wrong keyswitch, wrong control box relay, bad solenoid and the ground post thats through the voltage regulator was not grounded. I grounded that stud that goes through the voltage regulator to the frame with a couple ring terminals and a fat self tapping screw. I also installed the correct control box (6 terminal) relay and keyswitch and solenoid on it and finally got it to "start" and "idle" after grounding that stud but now I get no fire to the plug and when you touch the gas it shuts off as if you cut the key off. I dont really know what has changed because it had fire before and would drive. I replaced the ignitor down on the lower front of the motor and still no fire, I then thought it would be the coil but I just wonder if Im wrong because it would drive and then now all the sudden no fire? I have an exact wiring diagram and everything looks to be correct and as I said it will "start" and "idle" now but the plug isnt firing, and as soon as you touch the pedal the starter/gen stops as if I cut the key off. Sorry to be on repeat but I want to be sure that its straight forward as to what is going on. Any input would be welcome.
jeremydburrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-14-2020, 02:20 PM   #2
jeremydburrell
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1995 Club Car Transporter no spark, dies when gas pedal is pressed.

Also when I got it I noticed that the wires going to the RPM limiter had been spliced back together, is it possible they are crossed and grounding the coil at the wrong time and shutting it off?
jeremydburrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 09:01 PM   #3
buggyAl
Getting Wild

Default Re: 1995 Club Car Transporter no spark, dies when gas pedal is pressed.

Did you ever get this resolved?
buggyAl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
control box relay, ignitor, keystart, transporter
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car