lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2020, 01:49 PM   #1
anviltester
Not Yet Wild

Default weird ezgo 957 question and info

I just bought a 1985 ezgo pc-957 (personnel carrier/limo type) that is 36v electric. I have a gas version and am only used to gas ones. I have to buy batteries for it so question is will any 6v batteries work or are there specific ones i need to get? Also I've read briefly on motor/controller upgrades but any opinions on what to look for? Is it an 85? I have had home personnel carriers we used for the race cars but never seen anything like this. Any info/help and what this is would be appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 2.41.20 PM.png (814.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 2.59.44 PM.png (825.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 3.00.16 PM.png (884.5 KB, 0 views)
anviltester is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-16-2020, 01:56 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: electric ezgo question

Good question. Electric golf cart require a special battery usually categorized as GOLF CART batteries. These batteries are usually larger and made with thicker lead plates so they hold more amperage and withstand the high amp draw the cart makes under load. Google Trojan T105/ That is the high water mark. There are others but remember you get what you pay for... it the battery seems too cheap it probably does not have good capacity or quality.

GL with the new cart.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 11:02 AM   #3
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: weird ezgo 957 question and info

Quote:
Originally Posted by anviltester View Post
Also I've read briefly on motor/controller upgrades but any opinions on what to look for? Is it an 85?
You can plug the serial number into the EZGO website and it should tell you the year.
https://shopezgo.com.au/pages/custom...ialnumber-html

As for upgrades, the motor will handle more voltage, but the resistor coil system on that is terribly inefficient. If you upgrade the controller to an Alltrax from Scotty then it'll be more efficient and you can change the controller parameters yourself with a free software package from Alltrax website. That and the alltrax controller is compatible with higher voltages too.

If it were me, I'd put in new batteries like Scotty said and put in an Alltrax 400 or 500 amp controller.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO