lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2020, 06:35 PM   #1
vanessaschase
Not Yet Wild

Default how do I take apart the 915-3610 PowerWise QE charger

Hello,
We have a 36V EZGO golf cart and it came with a charger. The charger has always been somewhat temperamental, and we found that it would work best if the cord was extended so it was straight at the charger port plug, and not droopy. We used some electrical tape to firm things up a bit, and it helped, but over time it's gotten to be a little frustrating. So we bought a new cord, and my question is, how do I take apart the 915-3610 PowerWise QE charger? We removed the screws but can't figure out how to pull it apart without wrecking the connections inside. Other chargers look much easier to open; screws are removed and the cover comes off, but this one looks like it is a different situation. I'm probably overlooking an obvious thing, but don't know what it is!
Thanks very much!
vanessaschase is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-04-2020, 06:55 PM   #2
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Default Re: how do I take apart the 915-3610 PowerWise QE charger

Trust me there is zero point in taking one apart. Even if you manage to get it working again, it will fail, often spectactularly having been 'repaired'. Once they fail they're meant to be disposed of. We have repaired a few that had blown fuses but they never lasted long, two ended up showering sparks and after, we didn't think it was safe to keep trying.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 12:23 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: how do I take apart the 915-3610 PowerWise QE charger

The cables that come out of the charger are held in place with "pull protectors". If you pinch them, they will pull put of the housing. After they are removed, the wires will have plenty of slack. Also, dont forget the little rubber cap over the factory programming port.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO