lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-07-2020, 09:13 PM   #1
81 First
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 97 gas club car exhaust too noisy

Is there anyone that has come up with a system to quite the Exhaust I love the cart but wife does not like noise
Any help would be great
81 First is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2020, 10:26 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 97 gas club car exhaust too noisy

Are there rust holes in it? Are you sure it's the exhaust thats noisy and not something in the engine? Could you maybe upload a video on youtube and paste the link here?

I ask because I've had a lot of carts, all sorts of makes and models. Club car always has made it to the top of my favorite list because they're so quiet, smooth, and reliable.

If everything is correct and right, you're not gonna get much quieter than that. You've got a few possible options.

1. Get some sound deadener (think dynamat or some cheaper equivalent) all in the inside of the rear body. It's not hard to remove the body at all.

2. Get a newer cart, the new models are quieter especially the yamaha quiettech. But that option is big bucks.

3. Go electric. I love gas carts and I've had many. But theres no denying that a properly built and upgraded electric cart will blow a gas cart out of the water in both performance and be dead silent while doing it. Downside is it can be expensive to build the way you want it. And you have to stay on top of battery maintenance which is more constant "daily" maintenance than a gas cart. Basically if it's not being used, its plugged in. But you would have nearly silent operation.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 08:29 PM   #3
81 First
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Are there rust holes in it? Are you sure it's the exhaust thats noisy and not something in the engine? Could you maybe upload a video on youtube and paste the link here?

I ask because I've had a lot of carts, all sorts of makes and models. Club car always has made it to the top of my favorite list because they're so quiet, smooth, and reliable.

If everything is correct and right, you're not gonna get much quieter than that. You've got a few possible options.

1. Get some sound deadener (think dynamat or some cheaper equivalent) all in the inside of the rear body. It's not hard to remove the body at all.

2. Get a newer cart, the new models are quieter especially the yamaha quiettech. But that option is big bucks.

3. Go electric. I love gas carts and I've had many. But theres no denying that a properly built and upgraded electric cart will blow a gas cart out of the water in both performance and be dead silent while doing it. Downside is it can be expensive to build the way you want it. And you have to stay on top of battery maintenance which is more constant "daily" maintenance than a gas cart. Basically if it's not being used, its plugged in. But you would have nearly silent operation.
Thanks for reply
no holes but heat shield is a little flimsy I added a longer pipe by putting a slightly larger pipe around muffler tail pipe ( tail pipe in larger pipe ) and exiting out back of cart I was thinking of wrapping muffler in the material that is for auto exhaust systems to see how that would work
Today I just sold a 94 36 volt battery cart that I repaired and and although I like the smoothness of the ride I still love the gas one and the deal with the 36 volt I picked a WESTERN 36 volt
I would not know how to download from smartphone a video I know how to make video but not download from smart phone
Thanks for your help and thoughts
Old 04-09-2020, 09:09 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Best way to get a video here is to upload to youtube and paste a link.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 09:37 AM   #5
81 First
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Best way to get a video here is to upload to youtube and paste a link.
I will try that I am doing this w/laptop and need to use ph. to do the video
Thanks again
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car