lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-19-2020, 09:26 AM   #1
Buck9s
Not Yet Wild

Default Help installing 12v converter, fuse box and switches

I've got all the parts but I'm not sure where is the best place to but them.
  • Where should the shortest wire runs be?
  • Can I install the 12v converter below the seat, next the batteries and the fuse box under the front dash with just a single pair of wires?
  • Should I install the fuse box next to the converter and then run 6 pairs of wires to the front dash where the switches will be? (That's a lot of wires)
  • Can I install the converter, fuse box and switches all in the front under the dash?
Where should the shortest wire runs be?

What are the key electrical things I need to be concerned about?

Other tips?
Buck9s is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-19-2020, 10:41 AM   #2
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help installing 12v converter, fuse box and switches

Which cart do you have? That changes ease of accessibility and installation.

In general terms, the shortest runs should be the ones carrying the most amps, so that would be your wires from the pack to the reducer. However, none of those runs are long enough to really matter if you have the correct gauge wire. There’s charts online that will tell you. I used 10g, which was more than necessary, but it’s not worth saving that little bit.

Under the seat is a very common location for the reducer and the fuse block. Both of mine are mounted on the driver’s wheel well. They say to mount the reducer to metal (most put it on the flat spot directly in front of where I did. I didn’t want it there, so I just used spacers that keep it off of the plastic. Again, this depends on which cart you have.

I wouldn’t put the fuse block in the dash unless you have a location that is easily accessible. You need to be able to get to the fuses. And it’s really not worth it. Running wires from under the seat to behind the dash is easy. However, I did use a buss bar behind the dash, so I didn’t have to run all of the -‘s back under the seat.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 10:56 AM   #3
Buck9s
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Help installing 12v converter, fuse box and switches

I have a 2015 EXGO TXT. I didn't think about needing access to the fuse block. That kinda makes my decisions easier.

Thanks.
Buck9s is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO