lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-20-2020, 08:39 PM   #1
fred93
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 93 Club Car fuel system question

I recently had a problem with my cart. The engine would not crank over. The starter seemed like it was trying to spin the engine but it stopped after a slight rotation. I thought that the battery was low on charge so I charged it up over night. In the morning I had the same problem. So I hooked up a jumper to it but it made no difference.

I disconnected the belt from the starter motor and engaged the starter. The start spun great. So I reconnected the belt to the starter and removed the spark plug. When I engaged the starter with the spark plug removed raw gas shot out of the spark plug hole.

I assume that the carb float was letting gas flow into the cylinder or at least the gas may have been filling up the intake chamber.

Does that sound right?

If the float is stuck or dirt got into the fuel line would that cause that problem?

Any help is appreciated.
fred93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2020, 06:10 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: 93 Club Car fuel system question

Usually a stuck float is what causes that. It can fill the engine right up when it does that.
Need to pull the carb off and give it a good cleaning, and make sure the float needle is not damaged.
Also change the engine oil because it will have a lot of gas in it now. Use a large drain pan because I've drained almost a gallon of fuel and oil out of these before.
Check the air filter to see if its soaked with fuel as well.

Also possible but less common is the diaphragm in the fuel pump ruptured and fuel drained into the engine through the pulse hose off the bottom of the pump.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 11:33 AM   #3
fred93
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 93 Club Car fuel system question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Usually a stuck float is what causes that. It can fill the engine right up when it does that.
Need to pull the carb off and give it a good cleaning, and make sure the float needle is not damaged.
Also change the engine oil because it will have a lot of gas in it now. Use a large drain pan because I've drained almost a gallon of fuel and oil out of these before.
Check the air filter to see if its soaked with fuel as well.

Also possible but less common is the diaphragm in the fuel pump ruptured and fuel drained into the engine through the pulse hose off the bottom of the pump.

Thanks for your reply. When I figured out that the float may be the problem, I removed the fuel line at the card. Raw gas poured out of the hose until I lifted the hose up higher than the fuel level in the tank.

Is that normal for the fuel to siphon out of the fuel tank like that?
fred93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car