lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2020, 03:00 PM   #1
fred93
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 93 Club Car carb question

I purchased a new carb because the old one was leaking gas into the engine when it was not running. The new carb seems to be running lean. If I am going up a hill with the pedal to the floor the cart will goes a little faster if I press the choke.

I was looking in the manual and I came across a blow up picture of the carb and I was trying to figure out what part number 4 is used for. see photo.

The old carb main jet measures .033 #66 (using a pin drill bit to measure)

The manual that I have says the main jet is 80 (x1/100mm) web says 0.8mm=0.314961 So I guess I'm in the ballpark?

My question is--do I need to drill out the main jet a little???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg card.jpg (126.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg drill bit.jpg (161.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg main jet.jpg (118.5 KB, 0 views)
fred93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2020, 06:12 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 93 Club Car carb question

first, did you buy an OEM Keihin carb or a cheap amazon/ebay carb?
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 10:11 PM   #3
fred93
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
first, did you buy an OEM Keihin carb or a cheap amazon/ebay carb?
Amazon
Old 04-27-2020, 10:40 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I'd start by cleaning the OEM carb really well, and make sure the float needle and seat are all clean. I've never had any luck with knock off carbs. Sometimes it's worth the extra money to not be chasing your tail.

The jet is not the only thing different. The entire internal workings, while similar in appearance are not to the tolerances and specifications of the OEM.

You could try swapping the jet from your OEM over and see if it helps. But if it were mine I'd just clean the original carb well. You can use the bowl gasket, o rings, etc. From the china carb so the gaskets are fresh. The needle would probably work fine even. But I wouldnt keep digging, tou know how it ran before you swapped carbs. Now the only thing that's changed is the carb and you have drivability issues with the cart. Unfortunately, It's not coincidence.
Old 04-28-2020, 10:05 AM   #5
fred93
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
I'd start by cleaning the OEM carb really well, and make sure the float needle and seat are all clean. I've never had any luck with knock off carbs. Sometimes it's worth the extra money to not be chasing your tail.

The jet is not the only thing different. The entire internal workings, while similar in appearance are not to the tolerances and specifications of the OEM.

You could try swapping the jet from your OEM over and see if it helps. But if it were mine I'd just clean the original carb well. You can use the bowl gasket, o rings, etc. From the china carb so the gaskets are fresh. The needle would probably work fine even. But I wouldnt keep digging, tou know how it ran before you swapped carbs. Now the only thing that's changed is the carb and you have drivability issues with the cart. Unfortunately, It's not coincidence.
Thanks for your reply--I had doubts about buying the cheaper replacement--I actually have two rebuild-able OEM carbs at this point but if a new OEM carb is available at a reasonable price I may just go that way. I have so many things on my plate right now that time is of the essence.

Where would I look to buy a OEM carb??
Also-where would I buy a repair kit for the OEM carb??
Old 04-28-2020, 02:38 PM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Best bet, call david hicks at revolution golf cars. hes got the good stuff :)

But really, theres not much to "rebuild". Theres no diaphragm or anything. Just cleaning out the jets and blowing it out with compressed air is all they generally need
Old 04-28-2020, 08:19 PM   #7
fred93
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Best bet, call david hicks at revolution golf cars. hes got the good stuff :)

But really, theres not much to "rebuild". Theres no diaphragm or anything. Just cleaning out the jets and blowing it out with compressed air is all they generally need

Do you think that the float needle valve needs to be replaced or just cleaned?

Where can I purchase a new float bowl gasket?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car