lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2020, 03:23 PM   #1
ejcox811
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2010 EZGO RXV Project?

Hey guys. I've been on the hunt for an electric golf cart to cruise around the neighborhood and stumbled upon a 2010 EZGO RXV that a local shop has for $1k. It's currently not running and they say they haven't gone through the cart yet. According to them, it for sure needs batteries and a motor brake, but potentially other parts as well. I'm strongly considering doing a Leaf lithium build but may just go with lead acids to get it rolling quickler.

Few questions:
1. Any big concerns with the 2010 era RXVs? Things to look for or expected failures?
2. Performance. From my reading it seems like I could get the stock controller reprogrammed to hit 19.5 mph with stock tires. I guess BobBoyce here on the form could do even more?? I don't need a speed demon but I know I wouldn't be happy with 12 mph. And of course more is better!
3. With new batteries and a motor brake, if the cart is still not running how tough will troubleshooting be? I'm a chemical engineer but pretty mechanical and electrically inclined as a result of my many hobbies.

Thanks for the help!
ejcox811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-05-2020, 07:26 PM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2010 EZGO RXV Project?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejcox811 View Post
Hey guys. I've been on the hunt for an electric golf cart to cruise around the neighborhood and stumbled upon a 2010 EZGO RXV that a local shop has for $1k. It's currently not running and they say they haven't gone through the cart yet. According to them, it for sure needs batteries and a motor brake, but potentially other parts as well. I'm strongly considering doing a Leaf lithium build but may just go with lead acids to get it rolling quickler.

Few questions:
1. Any big concerns with the 2010 era RXVs? Things to look for or expected failures?
2. Performance. From my reading it seems like I could get the stock controller reprogrammed to hit 19.5 mph with stock tires. I guess BobBoyce here on the form could do even more?? I don't need a speed demon but I know I wouldn't be happy with 12 mph. And of course more is better!
3. With new batteries and a motor brake, if the cart is still not running how tough will troubleshooting be? I'm a chemical engineer but pretty mechanical and electrically inclined as a result of my many hobbies.

Thanks for the help!
A 2010 will have a Danaher controller, unless it has been upgraded. If not and you want a big boost in performance, upgrade it to a Curtis controller. Even the stock 235 Amp controller can be reprogrammed into a beast! With people upgrading from the stock 235 Amp Curtis to the 350 Amp Curtis so they can use 23" tires, used controllers are often available for a few hundred $. Those older RXVs had wiring harness issues, I recommend buying a new harness for the Curtis controller. E-Z-GO has a sitewide sale going on now, and free shipping on orders over $100. Make a few more posts so you can use the PM system.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 08:07 PM   #3
ejcox811
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks so much for your reply. I knew the Danaher was inferior to the Curtis controller, but didn’t realize how much more capable the Curtis was. That’s wild.

My plan is/was to get it running, then do a Curtis controller swap. I’ve spent a few hours on here reading yours and other posts about the conversion.

But while searching, I came across a local 2017 RXV with good Trojan batteries (4x12) for $2800. After running the numbers, I think this is a way better deal and certainly less risky. The 2017 has a Curtis 325a controller, right? Any nuances with programming it? Or any problems with the ‘17 era carts in general?

Thanks again for your help!
Old 05-06-2020, 08:18 PM   #4
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

No Bob wouldn't have any problems reprogramming that controller for you.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 10:13 AM   #5
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
No Bob wouldn't have any problems reprogramming that controller for you.
Old 05-07-2020, 12:36 PM   #6
ejcox811
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Awesome. Hopefully I'll be loading it up this Saturday!
Old 05-07-2020, 08:23 PM   #7
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejcox811 View Post
Awesome. Hopefully I'll be loading it up this Saturday!
Sounds good, let us know how it goes. I'll be doing a reprogramming trip next week, where are you located?
Old 05-08-2020, 11:42 AM   #8
ejcox811
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Sounds good, let us know how it goes. I'll be doing a reprogramming trip next week, where are you located?
Will do! I'm in Mobile, AL. Headed to Gulf Shores to get the cart.
Old 05-09-2020, 06:59 PM   #9
ejcox811
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Got it! 2017 RXV with original (I think) Trojans.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F5D07E90-A6FB-47FF-9F62-71D8251D1EA5.jpg (249.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-09-2020, 07:11 PM   #10
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

And the addiction has started...
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO