lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2020, 10:21 PM   #1
jmillski
Not Yet Wild

Default 2010 RXV safe w current problem?

Hello everyone. New to golf carts and recently got a 2010 rxv. Loving it so far but I have noticed that, especially if it sits for a while, when I turn key to anything but off, it lurches forward (for brake test I guess??) and then beeps and will not let me do anything. This can last up to 60seconds or maybe indefinitely if I don’t turn to off. It seems pressing the gas over and over can make it unlock but that’s anecdotal.

As long as it keeps working I’m fine with thjs, but I’ve read horror stories of these things locking up at high speed. I have 2 young kids and want to make sure this isn’t a sign that could happen. Thank you
jmillski is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2020, 12:17 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2010 RXV safe w current problem?

Lurch = brake failure. But, it's the "parking brake" that's failed, not the "regular brakes". Since the rxv has no traditional brakes at the wheels, it checks the parking brake at every startup (since it would default to "lock the parking brake" if its usual methods of slowing down failed). Its usual brakes are "use the motor as a generator to slow you down". Ezgo calls the parking brake the "motor brake", which is often confused as the primary braking system by those who dont understand how a rxv works.

You can take my word on this, I been a ezgo tech at the dealer since 2009 (& yamaha since 2007), and have been to several ezgo factory training sessions.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 05:31 AM   #3
jmillski
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Lurch = brake failure. But, it's the "parking brake" that's failed, not the "regular brakes". Since the rxv has no traditional brakes at the wheels, it checks the parking brake at every startup (since it would default to "lock the parking brake" if its usual methods of slowing down failed). Its usual brakes are "use the motor as a generator to slow you down". Ezgo calls the parking brake the "motor brake", which is often confused as the primary braking system by those who dont understand how a rxv works.

You can take my word on this, I been a ezgo tech at the dealer since 2009 (& yamaha since 2007), and have been to several ezgo factory training sessions.
Thank you so much. It’s only a slight lurch, doesn’t really roll at all and I can’t move it w parking Brake on. So then that means this does not equate to risk of sudden braking at speed? A friend told me he broke his kids nose from his RXV doing that. Thank you!
Old 05-12-2020, 11:45 AM   #4
jmillski
Not Yet Wild

Actually I just learned how to check and it’s actually a 2008 model. That peeps me a little since was told it was a 10 and sound like 08 have problems
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO