lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2020, 04:02 PM   #1
btmellberg
Not Yet Wild

Default 2008 EZGO TXT reducer wiring w/relay?

OK I bought a crappy 30 amp 48/36 V to 12V reducer off of ebay. I didn't realize there were better units that have a switched input wire at the time I ordered it. Mine only has the 4 wires on it, 2 from the source and 2 that go to your accessories. I saw all of the posts about wiring up a relay to it, but now that i look into the ignition switch wiring, I don't think that will work? It seems that the switch has power going through it only if the pedal is depressed. Is there a wire that i can pull from that is truly only switched on when the ignition switch is on? I also read about wiring up a HD toggle switch but I was wanting to do the relay option if it is possible.

thank you
btmellberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2020, 05:29 PM   #2
btmellberg
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2008 EZGO TXT reducer wiring w/relay?

update - its a series cart. I'm not sure there is anywhere that is truely "36V Switched" because nothing is really "ON" without the accellerator pedal pushed down. so how would I wire this?
Old 05-13-2020, 08:38 PM   #3
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I wired mine with a 48 volt relay connected to the solenoid so anytime run tow switch is in run, key is on, solenoid energized convertor is powered up.

found relays on amazon ,3 for 10 bucks, not expensive at all.
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 09:51 PM   #4
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Johnnieb recently made a post questioning why ezgo designed that power circuit the way they did. He was mentioning you could change it. I have a reversing contactor and mine is wired to have the key switch get power directly from the pack. You could do the same and have it power a 36v relay.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 08:39 AM   #5
btmellberg
Not Yet Wild

OK i think i may have found a diagram from this site that will work. It shows a relay wired into the key switch on one side. I tested it with my meter and it seems to work.....relay on order! I am going to give it a shot and see!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO