lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2020, 08:27 PM   #11
Warato1
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2008 Precedent dieseling

I have a new governor cable and carburetor return spring coming, shipping has been slow due to COVID. Hoping these will help, but the motor is still running hot.

FairTax, I removed the shroud on the fan side and used my leaf blower to blow it out. I check the air filter box it is clean and it has a new filter. The fins seem to be allowing good air flow.

The motor is running very lean and it seems no matter what I do the carburetor I can't fix it. It makes to motor run extremely hot after only a mile or so. Any other tips how to adjust the carburetor make it run a little less lean. Or is my only solution to open up the jet or replace the carburetor.
Warato1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2020, 08:42 PM   #12
DannyAbear
Gone Wild

Club Car

CC shows 3 different jet sizes, depending on the elevation for which the cart was originally built for, change/ream the main jet is the only solution
DannyAbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 09:55 PM   #13
Warato1
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Danny. Any insight on where to purchase them?
Old 06-03-2020, 10:01 PM   #14
DannyAbear
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'm lucky, there is a real CC dealer 20 miles from my house; if you have a friend that is a machinist, they can use # drill bit that corresponds to the jet size. YOu only need to increase by .003-.005"
Old 06-04-2020, 08:13 PM   #15
Warato1
Not Yet Wild

Yelp, I'm 15 miles from an Ezgo and Yamaha dealer, but 80ish miles from a Club Car dealer. Story of my life. Thanks for the knowledge gentlemen.
Old 06-04-2020, 08:51 PM   #16
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Call david hicks at revolution golf cars (site sponsor link st top of screen). Hes a dealer and can get you whatever you need. Great guy and runs a stand-up business.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 08:46 PM   #17
Warato1
Not Yet Wild

Thanks CP241. I spoke with David on Friday. After discussing it with him it may be an electrical problem. He gave me some things to test to try to determine if it is the coil. I believe the coil was replaced sometime prior to me purchasing the cart, as I found an old coil in the dash.

I believe FairTax was on to something with the pedal cleaning, but I'm afraid it my be a wiring issue.

I did find there is a white wire that is not installed on the micro switch on the front of the engine tub and when it is installed the engine will not crank and run. Not sure what that is about, but I'm going to try to find a wire diagram.

David recommended that I remove the white wire with the black line from the ignition, which I did and the only thing that happened was the key would not cut the power to the engine. The next thing he said to try was to ground the wire from the rev limiter to the coil. I hope I can get some time to do that tomorrow.

Have you guys ever bought one of the service repair manuals from the emanualonline website? Or have any recommendation where to get a good service manual.
Old 06-06-2020, 08:57 PM   #18
DannyAbear
Gone Wild

Club Car

Look in the 'stickys' on top
Old 06-06-2020, 09:59 PM   #19
Warato1
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Danny. Got nervous there was no wiring diagram, but I read that the DS (FE290) and the Precedent (FE350) are the same wiring diagram.
Old 06-07-2020, 06:00 AM   #20
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

The wiring for the ignition components are the same for most all CC/Kawi FE engines... (except 2013 and newer)

I'm finding it hard to believe that it may be an electrical issue,
But, I don't know Precedents like David does, so I'll take his word for it!

Here is the Parts list for your cart, (in 2 parts)
Page 6-6 and 6-7 at nearly the bottom of part 1 is the wiring diagram,

08PrecIPL-1.pdf

08PrecIPL-2.pdf

Hope this helps!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FE290-350 Ignition components.jpg (15.1 KB, 0 views)
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car