lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2020, 04:11 PM   #1
53jimc
Not Yet Wild

Default No go motor runs

Hi all,been a long time!
Hope everyone is weathering cv19 ok.
My 94 txt is sick.
You can hear the motor run but it no go.
I'm in progress of trying to get to the drive now.
Any typical failures on these carts for this?
Thanks
53jimc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2020, 04:45 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: No go motor runs

YEP......this is some what a typical failure......what you most likely are experiencing is a HUM SPLINE FAILURE. It would make it a lot easier if you could have someone help you....take the axel cover off (if there is one) so that you can see the axel nut on the drivers side of your cart. have someone push on the "gas" and you look at the nut as you will hear the motor running, and you will see the nut turning. but your cart goes nowhere. its because the hub is striped out. Its an easy fix. just replace the hub, just ensure the nut is properly torqued to between 90 - 140 ft-lbs.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 10:22 AM   #3
53jimc
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
YEP......this is some what a typical failure......what you most likely are experiencing is a HUM SPLINE FAILURE. It would make it a lot easier if you could have someone help you....take the axel cover off (if there is one) so that you can see the axel nut on the drivers side of your cart. have someone push on the "gas" and you look at the nut as you will hear the motor running, and you will see the nut turning. but your cart goes nowhere. its because the hub is striped out. Its an easy fix. just replace the hub, just ensure the nut is properly torqued to between 90 - 140 ft-lbs.
I do appreciate this. I did take off the driver side, came off easy, splines look good, no wear at all. Passenger side is being a booger so will probably have to use a puller to get it off. Headed out to do that here in a few.

If it isn't hub splines I'll start from the differential up to the motor. I don't know much about the drive system on these carts but it looks like the motor fits into a right angle type gear arrangement that drives the differential pinion. If the right side is ok, it would have to be something from the differential to the motor splines. I'll keep digging.

I downloaded a txt manual but it's from 2000 up. Mine's an old one '94. I'll keep plugging away, but any advice is greatly appreciated.
Old 05-31-2020, 03:05 PM   #4
53jimc
Not Yet Wild

Ok so both sides hub and axle splines are fine.
I'll open the differential case tomorrow.
Old 05-31-2020, 09:40 PM   #5
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: No go motor runs

Pull the motor then pull the input shaft. It's the shaft the motor goes to. It has a c clip inside the housing. Pull it and see if it's stripped. I had to change 2 in my life. But they do strip.
PS just because the hub & axles splines look OK doesn't mean they are. Just as because the solenoid clicks it's OK. They can still be stripped under load and Ezgo built the cart this way for a reason, It's cheaper to replace a hub than a motor are a axle.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 07:42 PM   #6
53jimc
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
Pull the motor then pull the input shaft. It's the shaft the motor goes to. It has a c clip inside the housing. Pull it and see if it's stripped. I had to change 2 in my life. But they do strip.
PS just because the hub & axles splines look OK doesn't mean they are. Just as because the solenoid clicks it's OK. They can still be stripped under load and Ezgo built the cart this way for a reason, It's cheaper to replace a hub than a motor are a axle.
Thanks, I'll pull the motor next and check it out. The way my job is I have very little time but I'll get to it Saturday. Only a few months and I can retire. I have a ton of stuff to catch up with and after that, golf, lake, golf, lake wash rinse repeat until I can't stand it any longer.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO