lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2020, 07:13 PM   #1
oncearacer52
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Motor readings

I have a 2001 ezgo electric to fix. All 4 motor leads have 33v going to them with switch on ?. Solenoid works with acc pedal.. Cart does not move either way. New controller didn't help

Unhooked all wires from motor and did cont. test
A1 to A2 .3 ohms
S1 to S2 .2

A1 to S1 229 k ohms
A1 to S2 229 k ohms

A2 to S1 229 k ohms
A2 to S2 229 k ohms

Do these readings look ok?
oncearacer52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2020, 07:40 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Motor readings

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncearacer52 View Post
I have a 2001 ezgo electric to fix. All 4 motor leads have 33v going to them with switch on ?. Solenoid works with acc pedal.. Cart does not move either way. New controller didn't help

Unhooked all wires from motor and did cont. test
A1 to A2 .3 ohms
S1 to S2 .2

A1 to S1 229 k ohms
A1 to S2 229 k ohms

A2 to S1 229 k ohms
A2 to S2 229 k ohms

Do these readings look ok?
The readings highlighted in red, should be very, very high Ohms (OL on digital Ohmmeters), but shouldn't keep the cart from moving some, or at least trying to move.

Motor needs to be cleaned (carbon dust from the brushes is most likely causing the low Ohm readings) and may need brushes and a new bearing.

--------------
If the pack voltage is the same as the voltage on the motor studs, check the ITS throttle.

If there were any amps flowing through the motor, the motor studs wouldn't all have the same voltages.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 07:54 PM   #3
oncearacer52
Gone Wild
Club Car

I just put 12 volts to the motor F1 to S2 and nothing happened. No spark or nothing.
Old 06-02-2020, 01:42 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

You got to study up on the "series test" a little more . Your ohm readings dont "throw red flags", but 12v test procedures seem maybe off a little. I bet I'll pass the "can it turn with 12v test".

I do that test with a cheapo harbor freight "jump start box" , so the "highest quality" 12v source isnt the issue slowing you down.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 09:42 AM   #5
oncearacer52
Gone Wild
Club Car

Well I didn't have the motor jumpers right. I got the motor to run with a 12 volt battery charger so I think its ok. Jumped from two batteries and it didn't run so I hooked up the whole battery pack still didn't run. Voltage was at 33 volts. Turns out that 5 out of 6 of the batteries are shorted. I recently looked at the cart about low run time. It had a 36 volt 5 amp charger so I got a 36 volt 20 amp charger and it seems to have ruined the batteries. I figure it was due to being undercharged for so long then the batteries didn't like being charged to 43 volts and plates shed and shorted the plates.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO