lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2020, 06:29 PM   #1
canterburya
Not Yet Wild

Default Carryall 2 FE350 Governor Surge

I have an 08' Carryall 2 gas with a governor surge problem. Has anyone experienced this problem and know the fix? I have adjusted the throttle cable at the control box. I have played with the governor shaft position at the governor arm. I get the same results each time I make an adjustment. Not sure where to go next. Here is a link to a video that shows the problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHnOSYQBeAg
canterburya is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2020, 08:11 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Carryall 2 FE350 Governor Surge

Does it do the same thing when the wheel are on the ground? If you are running it in gear off the ground (wheels spinning) that will happen no matter what you do. If you need to run it put it in maintenance mode. Pull out the yellow cam on the back o the FnR lever and flip it around 180 and release it. Then you can run the engine with the shifter in Neutral.
If it does that while driving, most likely the governor cable is sticking. That's the one from the governor arm to the carb. That thing has to be smooth and VERY loose. Disconnect both ends, If you feel any drag or rough feeling when moving it by hand it needs to be replaced. An OEM cable is best. Aftermarket cables will work for a few years and then get sticky again.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 09:17 PM   #3
canterburya
Not Yet Wild

It does the same thing running it with the wheels on the ground. This particular cart don't have the yellow knob. It has a switch under the seat. I will check out the cable tomorrow and see if it moves freely. Thanks for the insight. What is a good source to get OEM parts?
Old 07-16-2020, 10:56 AM   #4
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

After adjusting the governor on my cousin's later-model Club Car Precedent (which I believe has an FE350) he was having surge issues a couple of weeks ago. The problem for us was that the stopper screw that the governor arm rests on when the gas pedal is up was threaded in too far and not letting the governor arm come back far enough when you take your foot off the pedal. The screw was missing a nut that helps keep it in place so I just removed it for now. I think the screw was "walking" in the bracket (threading itself) after the nut was removed. Surge went away after that.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 01:31 PM   #5
canterburya
Not Yet Wild

Okay, I will check that out. Thanks!
Old 07-16-2020, 08:20 PM   #6
canterburya
Not Yet Wild

Hey Springbok, I don't see the screw that you are referring to. The rear diff must be slightly different on the Precedent.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car