lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2020, 09:39 AM   #1
mccarty20
Not Yet Wild

Default Club car

I’ve got a 96 club car ds it was running well once it gets hot I lose spark I’ve changed the coil and now it won’t turn off unless I pull the plug wire all wires are connected also replaced rpm limiter micro switch’s been replaced I’ve tripled checked the the wires are all plugged in to limiter and coil like I said cart ran good until it got hot replaced coil and now it won’t shut off could the new coil be bad?and not grounding out the spark any help would be appreciated it’s driving me crazy
mccarty20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2020, 10:28 AM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Club car

Did you make sure to reconnect the black kill wire to the coil? Is the kill wire from the coil connected to the White/black stripe wire that joins with the Rev limiter Black wires?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 11:00 AM   #3
mccarty20
Not Yet Wild

Yes black wires are plugged in the one that goes to coil and the one that goes to white with black stripe by oil dipstick tube I even ran a temp wire to the rpm to coil and same result thinking maybe the wire from rpm and coil was bad
mccarty20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 11:23 AM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Grab the Black wire from the coil and while its running touch that to the engine block, or use a jumper wire to touch it to the battery negative. If the engine keeps running then either the coil is faulty, or the wire got unhooked or doesn't have a good connection to the kill pin on the coil.

Testing the White/Black wires for continuity to ground can be done easily with a test light, or multimeter set to check continuity. With Key Off or Go pedal Up the White/black should have continuity to ground. Probe the black wires at the rev limiter while they're still hooked up and you should have continuity to ground.

If using a test light, disconnect the Black wire from the White/Black, connect the test light clip to battery + and pin in the White/black wire end. Light should light up to show it is grounded. If so the wiring is good.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club car won’t turn off
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car