lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2020, 06:46 PM   #1
MichaelV
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Battery for 2017 Club Car Precedent with FI Subaru engine

Hello,
Trying to find the correct size battery. it is a top post and it had a 2 barcodes on it, that's all. Barcode #1 - *105237301. Barcode #2 - 7 21112 81952.

It's for a 2017 Club Car Precedent with Fuel injected Subaru engine.

Measures 7-7/8" wide 6-3/4" long and 6-5/8" tall. The battery was still installed so I could be off a bit on the height. I hear they are hard to find and it's got to be the right one or it won't fit. I am getting a lot of corrosion on the positive battery terminal. I have to clean off a lot corrosion every week. I have read that it could be a bad cell in the battery, bad regulator or bad generator. I figure I'd start with the battery and if it's not the battery, I'd at least have a spare.

Any help?

MV
MichaelV is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-20-2020, 08:11 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Battery for 2017 Club Car Precedent with FI Subaru engine

Googling the part number indicates that to be a group 26, but those seem to differ from your measurements. You can always take it to a parts store like Napa, or Batteries Plus and get them to match one up.

They seem to like to corrode around the positive terminals, and the stuff runs down and will eat the battery and will eat the hold down bar, and will also get all over the frame beneath the battery. Cleaning up under there takes a bit of work, but it can be sprayed with battery corrosion spray (grease type) or can be coated with something like fluid film to help keep battery acid from damaging the frame.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car